United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterfinarovsky wrote:
I realized that my question might not have been clear. Is it just event cards that cause navy ships to hunt?

They'll move to hunt when the event card is drawn, but will also scout during the the player turns if a) a player's ship starts its turn in the same Sea Zone as the NPC or b) a player's ship enters a sea zone occupied by the NPC. If you're asking whether a naval ship moves to hunt in an adjacent sea zone without an event, the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Maksimovic
Serbia
Niš
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
[q="peterfinarovsky"]If you're asking whether a naval ship moves to hunt in an adjacent sea zone without an event, the answer is no.

With my group, I play this differently.

If there is a pirate captain, naval ship moves every time, towards that captain's ship, if he/she is 1 or 2 spaces from it. That way, you can never be too safe. That pirate must stay alert, and carefully chose his actions.

We also agreed on buying a d8 compass die, so that naval ships move around all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.