Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this delivered from Funagain and the box is sitting next to my desk. My kids see it and immediately notice the dragon artwork is directly from a book we have on the Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pet-Dragon-Fun-ebook/dp/B006...

If you click on the preview of the book, the third page is the exact same image that is on the side of the box.

I saw no credit given to Scott Gordon in the rules anywhere so I'm curious if it's just uncredited work, or if both he and the Lamont brothers got their computer generated artwork from the same anonymous source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Per the eBook, the images are license by DepositPhotos.com and (C) Julien Tromeur, Lorelyn Medina and Dimitar Marinov. Scott Gordon has nothing to do with any of it.

I don't know if any of that is in the rulebook, but I also don't know if any of that *needs* to be in the rulebook - you can buy licenses where attribution and crediting is not required, and since this site lists itself as royalty-free that is almost certainly the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
The figures used by the Lamont Brothers are also not original creations. They're taken from a Precious Moments-esque line of collectible figurines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack of the Snoopys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the art was done by Scott Gordon. The copyright paragraph says: "Images licensed by DepositPhotos.com and (c) Julien Tromeur, Lorleyn Medina (#7734732, #7734734) and Dimitar Marinov (#4273503)."

So it appears that Scott Gordon and the Lamont brothers got their artwork from the same source.

Edit: apotheos beat me to it ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Lamont
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
NateStraight wrote:
The figures used by the Lamont Brothers are also not original creations. They're taken from a Precious Moments-esque line of collectible figurines.

This time they are original figures. In the sense that Fragor added wings and varied the colours

Have fun !

Gordon
Gordon Lamont
Fragor Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
NateStraight wrote:

Does this mean I could replace my Spellbound figures somewhere? Mine got pretty smashed on the trip back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the guy, and the link to the "magic" collection:

http://www.paolochiari.it/Mondo_Magico_-232.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.