Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: maneurvering and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...tried to ask a couple of these on the official rules forum but they have yet to actually post it...so thought would ask here.

Maneuvers
The turn maneuver is described as allowing a creature to execute a tight curve that advances the creature ahead, sharply to one side and changes its facing by 90 degrees. Unlike the wingover/turnabout this maneuver is not described in detail as to how to execute it in game. I am guessing from the description though that you use one of the straight maneuver templates advance the creature and then turn it to the side (either right or left depending on which was chosen)

Upgrades
Some of the upgrades especially spells say that you disable the upgrade and place duration tokens on it. Does that mean that once the spell/upgrade completely expires it can't be used again during the battle? Seeing as it was disabled? Or ARE you able to recast once the duration time expires?

Troops
I am unfortunately unable to purchase each and every expansion and I've noticed several places where you are able to preview the cards/abilities beforehand (VERY nice this) I swear I saw somewhere a listing or picture of the stats for the troops varying by number 2 all the way up to 6 for both the elves and the hobgoblins. I can't however seem to find this again. Can someone point me to this or if you have these troops post a scan of the individual stats for each. I am thinking I might pick up one of these expansion and this would be helpful in trying to decide which...for the moment at least.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think with maneuvers you are talking about the regular templated sharp turn. The sharp turns are 90 degrees, the soft turns are 45 degrees, and the straightaways are 0 degrees (natch).

A unit can re-enable a disabled upgrade by spending an Action to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Maneuvers

I'll refer to pictures in the rulebook here. Page 10 shows what each maneuver on the dials looks like. Straight, Wingover/Turnabout, and Fall Back all use the straight Maneuver Templates. Banks all use the maneuver templates with a 45-degree curve, like the ones used in the picture on page 12. Turns use the 90-degree curves. All three types are seen together on page 7, item 11. Turns are to the left and Banks are to the right.

Upgrades

Once an upgrade is disabled you must spend an ACTION to enable it. After you move simply declare that your action is to enable an ability and remove its disable token. NOTE: there is nothing to say a spell has to be clear of duration timers to re-enable it, or that the timers come off if it is re-enabled. As well there is nothing to prevent you from casting it again while it has timers on it...

Troops

dndaw.com Awesome site, useful for brainstorming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
Priesmal wrote:
NOTE: there is nothing to say a spell has to be clear of duration timers to re-enable it, or that the timers come off if it is re-enabled. As well there is nothing to prevent you from casting it again while it has timers on it...

Agreed that you can reenable a spell with duration tokens on it, but you cannot cast it again until all the tokens have come off it--that's part of the point of duration tokens.

Rulebook, page 24:

Quote:
Many Upgrades instruct a player to place a certain number of Duration Tokens [ ] on them. The player places that many [ ]s on the Upgrade and cannot activate that Upgrade again until after all of its [ ]s have expired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that answered my question regarding the disabled spells but not soo much the others.

Are you saying there is a specific template for turns vs. banks? I thought they were all bank templates...maybe I need to look at them a little closer.

As for troops (and may have missed it) but didn't see what was looking for at the link. Was wondering about the stat increases for 2+ of the sun elf and hobgoblins. I know Zi saw pics somewhere for each of the little stat blocks you place when adding an additional troop member for each of these guys.

EDIT: ok yeah took another look at look at the templates and yeah I was wrong about them all being for bank turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Click on Legion Builder. The guy updates everything pretty fast. He even has the OP2 blinds and prizes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat Sync
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Troops in the Legion Builder, just to be clear, this shows the stats for a Troop with 6 Sun Elf Archers:

http://build.dndaw.com/card/creature/612

this shows a Troop with 3 Sun Elf Archers:

http://build.dndaw.com/card/creature/609

...etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gradin
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Priesmal wrote:
Click on Legion Builder. The guy updates everything pretty fast. He even has the OP2 blinds and prizes up.

There's two of us, a he and a she! She's the one who does the coding, I do the blogging.

Priesmal wrote:

Thanks! We're glad people like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard C.
United States
Monterey Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Michael for fixing the bugs in the Legion Builder! We appreciate your hard work (both the 'he' and the 'she') deserves kudos!

TheMaka wrote:
Priesmal wrote:

There's two of us, a he and a she! She's the one who does the coding, I do the blogging.

Priesmal wrote:

Thanks! We're glad people like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gradin
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMaka wrote:
She's the one who does the coding, I do the blogging.

... but you're still welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.