Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to get ready for my first game, and I am trying to figure out how the Titans awake:

"If there are no more tiles in the Threat Queue and it is not possible to replenish the Threat pile, perform the Awakening of the Titans event."

I am trying to figure out under what circumstances there would be no tiles in the threat pile. Couldn't you just turn over the spent recruitment tiles to refresh the pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't try and think to far ahead before having a couple of games, but the Titans will awaken when u start to stockpile units who will help kill off threat tiles at a sicking rate, if playing 4/5 players.

Pages 12/13 detail the process when it comes ... "Awaken the Titans!"

Walts

PS: Luv this fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the same thing, but what happens is that recruitment tiles don't get removed from the board as fast as threat tiles. So eventually, there are NO "used" recruitment tiles to replenish the threat tiles and the Titans awake.
I agree with you that this part of the rule book isn't very clear.

I hope this helps,

TLS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the rules, play the game and you'll see that this can't happen!? shake

Trying to guess what will happen when you've not even played is not the way to understand the dynamics of any game??? When a situation arises, THEN post looking for advice ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, it will happen !! Mostly around round 7-8, sometimes 9-10.
Around that time you can even plan that this will happen in the next round, so you can take then immediatly the advantage of it in your planning.
Have fun and enjoy this great game !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
Read the rules, play the game and you'll see that this can't happen!? shake

Trying to guess what will happen when you've not even played is not the way to understand the dynamics of any game??? When a situation arises, THEN post looking for advice ... Walts

I played the game twice and still had trouble understanding this. People also like to know how to play a game before trying to teach it. It's common courtesy when you teach a game. Please consider this when replying to people asking rules questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.