BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: San Antonio, TX rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Looking for a group for casual play on the weekends in San Antonio,TX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm a recent San Antonio transplant and new to the hobby. But I'd love to meet up and play if you're putting something together.

What sort of games are you interested in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
into all kinds, is there a genre you you enjoy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Brook
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I also recently relocated to San Antonio and have been looking for a group to get together with. So count me in if your looking to get something going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
As I mentioned, I'm kind of a gaming newbie. But so far I've really enjoyed games like Pandemic and Ticket to Ride. I'm definitely interested in deeper and more complex games.

I put a link to my meager collection here: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/AlphaMurdock

There are a ton of great games I haven't played, so I'm open to whatever you guys are interested in playing.

Maybe the three of us in this thread should get together. Have you guys been to Dragon's Lair yet? We could get a room there. I'm also down for bars or cafes or whatever.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Brook
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I have been to Dragons Lair and that would be a great place to meet. I have a pretty good collection of games to choose from so let's pick a day and a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I know Lordfurian had said he was looking for some weekend gaming.

With the holidays right around the corner, my schedule is pretty wonky, but I am available this coming weekend Saturday morning (10 or 11 am) and Sunday evening (though Dragon's Lair closes early on Sundays).

In general, week days after regular work hours tend to work really well for me, too.

It would be awesome to get something going in the next couple weeks. After that I'll be out of town for a few, but back around the new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Brook
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Friday or Saturday is great for me so if Lordfurian is ok with Saturday morning I say let's do it. I can't do Sunday though. Tomorrow evening I'll message both of you with my games list too and see if I have any you want to try. I like just about any game personally so I think we'll all be able to agree on some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been gaming for quite some time, but mostly with just my wife and kids. I have played with outside groups before, but due to my location, it's not always easy traveling. I am about 30 minutes outside San Antonio heading towards Seguin.

I enjoy playing with my family, but they are busy a lot of times, so I end up playing something solo. If you want a forth player, would love to join in. I have a pretty massive collection with half of it still unplayed, so could bring something if your interested.

I have finals week this week and then I'm off for the holidays, so I will have a pretty open schedule.

Nice to meet you all,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Damn, Kevin! Looking at your profile, that is indeed an impressive collection. We should definitely be friends

I would love if we could all coordinate something this weekend or next week some time, then get together for a game from time to time.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter does have a volleyball game this Saturday morning, but maybe after? Sundays are possible, but in the evening during the week might be hard due to all my girls extra curricular activities. Just gonna have to make time, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Brook
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Well I'll be free Tuesday to Saturday this week. My schedule is a little strange this month due to the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
OK, all. It seems like a good time to take this off of the public-facing forum and try to coordinate schedules, since they are a little all over the place w/ holidays and all.

I'll GM you guys for your emails, then we'll coordinate. Hopefully all (or some) of us can get together some time soon.

Thanks!
Franklin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the good responses, I put it out there for weekend gaming because I commute to Austin for work, so, weekdays are generally no good for me. As far as the different types of games, I have many different types of deck building, attack wing, and dice building games. I also have Pathfinder Adventure card game which I would like to see who is interested since it is the closest thing to an RPG without all the tedious rule books, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
you can check out what games i have in my profile gallery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I game for a living...I just dont get paid for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get my Pathfinder more play as well. I can do some weekdays (not wednesday or fridays) and depending on the particular week I can play Saturdays or Sundays.

I used to go to the Saturday game day at Dragon's lair but it just ends up being too far some weeks. I think the Heroes and Fantasies on pat booker (10 mins from home) has tables to play games in, I dont know if they have a organized game day.

I would love to get some board games in. My son (14) is also a gamer as well and would love some gaming too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Awesome, that game store is closer to me as well, I live on the NE side. My son used to play games with me as well, but, since he moved out he has only had one thing to play with, his GF, lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about 20 mins from pat booker, so that sounds like one great possibility. Once everyone is comfortable, I don't have a problem with gaming at out homes. Of course, we can just see how things turn out and go from there. William, if you haven't already, PM your email to me or Franklin so we can coordinate times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Antonio Board Gamers has a large meetup group on Meetup.com, plus meets Monday evenings at Dragon's Lair. There is also a BGG Guild for SABG here as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steinhauser
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
San Antonio Board Gamers has a large meetup group on Meetup.com, plus meets Monday evenings at Dragon's Lair. There is also a BGG Guild for SABG here as well.

Also, Thursday evenings.

http://www.meetup.com/SABoardGamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steinhauser wrote:
bkindt wrote:

Also, Thursday evenings.

http://www.meetup.com/SABoardGamers/

And sometimes Fridays downtown at Rosella coffee. We are a pretty big group. 19 of us were at bgg.con this year. There are anywhere from 10-30 people on any given Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Morris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Awesome! I need to get on this next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The meetup at Rosella is this Friday night 6pm-10pm. It is usually every other Friday, but the meetup is set up ad hoc, and two weeks from this Friday is 12/26, so not sure how many will be up for gaming then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul sanchez
United States
san antonio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the meet up great way to meet cool people. Plus I goto d lair on Thursdays abd if there is ever anything in my collection I can take it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Baker
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anybody in the North East/Converse area? All of the group I can find are more central and west.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.