United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
BRRRD EMPR-RR
mbmbmbmbmb
CARDS:

red- 14 (12 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)
white - 14 (12 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)
blue - 14 (12 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)
green - 7 (5 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)
black - 7 (5 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)
yellow - 7 (5 single cards, 2 more on the special double cards)

(THERE ARE ALSO 3 SPECIAL CARDS THAT CAN CHANGE ANY COLOR TO ONE OF YOUR CHOICE)

TILES:

red - On 19 tiles, 22 times.
white - On 19 tiles, 26 times.
blue - On 7 tiles, 7 times.
green - On 7 tiles, 7 times.
blue - On 8 tiles, 8 times.
yellow - On 5 tiles, 5 times.

I posted this in response to finding this game today at a thrift store. I saw Arthur and almost passed. Then I noticed the nice linen finish on the box and the Gryphon Games logo. So I snagged it happily for $1.99 and was very excited with anticipation as it was the first game I looked up on BGG when I got home (I don't have a smart phone). I read in the comments section that some had a problem with the color quantities and/or distribution. I then watched Tom Vassel's video review where he expressed the same thing and proceeded to break down the numbers. I decided to verify on my own (fyi - he was a touch off). This is the result.

The game designer has weighed in and said that it was intentional and said one should promote a discarding strategy to all the players. I don't have much experience with gaming with smaller children (I have just started playing games with an autistic 8-year old neighbor boy) but I would have to guess that most kids wouldn't have the patience to do that many times, just wanting to get what is in front of them??? I don't know. No disrespect to the designer, but when my daughter gets to the recommended age 4.41 years from now, I think I just might try to make an adjustment/variant before our first play. With the little experience I have with my 8 year old neighbor, he does not want to come back to any of the games where he did not have a good first experience, whether its his own doing or not. So here's to someone beating me to the punch. Get after it! See you in 2019 with some bag!!!!!!

(I would lean towards stickering dots on the tiles, and leave the cards alone?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.