The Convicted» Forums » Rules

Subject: Close combat outcome - losses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sabine ---
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

after trying out the game, we got a question conscerning step 12 of the battle stage:

The rules say "If the defender won, the invader's unity from the specific combat group with an EN equal to the sum of losses are removed...".

Does this really mean equal only? I.e. if the difference is 3, and the invader has only units with an EN of 1, am I allowed to remove some (3) of those units, or not, since their EN is LOWER (not equal) then the sum of losses?

We played it as if it is saying "equal or less", since we could not find any reason why it should be equal, but we are still wondering.

Edit:
And if it means "equal or less", how many units am I to remove? Just an amount that ist equal to the sum of losses, an amount that fits the number of defenders (similar to ranged attacks) or all that fit the requirement(EN equal or less)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi,
If you couldn't remove the invaders with an EN equal to the sum of losses, you can remove less of them of course.
For example:
Total ST of the invader is 6 (2 swordmen + wall), and total SI of defender is 10. So you can remove invader's units with EN=4 (or less if you can't). It can be 2 warriors or 1 Assasin Veteran or 4 wolves etc. But if there are only 2 wolves you just remove them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.