Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Berglund
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
There's a sentence in red text far down on the left side of page 8 in the rules that says
Important: Always use Sensor Cards from the draw pile when covering a Space Square

My question is: Why is that important, or even in the rules at all?
If I'm missing something obvious, please state it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think the main reason its there is to keep players from using their undesirable cards to cover up spaces...but I could be wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Berglund
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Well, I think the main reason its there is to keep players from using their undesirable cards to cover up spaces...but I could be wrong...

Of course!
I was thinking "Draw pile" as opposed to "Discard pile", and didn't even consider the cards on hand.
That's one logical explanation. I wonder if there are more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
bergmagn wrote:
Hi there.
There's a sentence in red text far down on the left side of page 8 in the rules that says
Important: Always use Sensor Cards from the draw pile when covering a Space Square

My question is: Why is that important, or even in the rules at all?
If I'm missing something obvious, please state it

Well, as already mentioned, you should of course not use the sensor cards in players' hands. But the main reason that it is written like that in the rules is that if players could choose to pull cover cards from the draw deck AND also the discard pile, a player could easily exploit that to their own advantage. E.g. if a player has a 390 in their hand and the 400 is in the discard pile, he could be quick to use that card as a cover card over and over again so it never appears in a player's hand again. Get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Berglund
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.