Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pardon what seems to me a rather thick-headed question.

It's the ARVN non-player bot's turn and he is going to Patrol. The rule for where the units come from is:

Quote:
Move Police when possible then ARVN Troops, as needed to
reach LoC or City destinations (3.2.2) below, first from spaces
with the most ARVN cubes.

Let's say that the space with the most ARVN cubes is 7, but is all Troops. The space with the second most ARVN Cubes is 6, and is all Police.

Do I move the Police because it says "move Police where possible", or do I move the Troops because their space is the one with the most ARVN cubes?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. "Move Police when possible" means Police go first, but if you can't move them to a target LoC, then you can use Troops in a pinch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
Pardon what seems to me a rather thick-headed question.

It's the ARVN non-player bot's turn and he is going to Patrol. The rule for where the units come from is:

Quote:
Move Police when possible then ARVN Troops, as needed to
reach LoC or City destinations (3.2.2) below, first from spaces
with the most ARVN cubes.

Let's say that the space with the most ARVN cubes is 7, but is all Troops. The space with the second most ARVN Cubes is 6, and is all Police.

Do I move the Police because it says "move Police where possible", or do I move the Troops because their space is the one with the most ARVN cubes?

For each move (either each cube to move or each destination; select one variant and stick to it throughout):
1. Select the source space with the most cubes that can reach that destination without moving through a LoC or City with enemies.
2. From that space, take Police first if possible, then Troops.

So, in your example:

If you determine the source space for each individual cube, then the first cube would be one of the 7 Troops, the second one of the 6 Police, the third a Troop etc. (until some other space than these two has the most cubes, then you take from there instead). This variant is more accurate, but a fair bit slower than the other one.

If you determine the source space for each destination, the first destination would get its cubes from the Troop space, the 2nd from the Police space. (Sometimes you'll need to determine more than one source space for a destination anyway, of course.)

Regards, Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So Police before Troops is subordinate to most ARVN cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's the way I intended it, yes.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.