Hide
14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Retail DS9's Plastic Base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Born
msg tools
The pegs on my retail DS9's plastic base come nowhere close to properly fitting inside all three of the holes on the model's bottom pylons. I'm curious to know if this is a persistent issue, or if it is a problem limited to my copy. Anyone else have this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Covert
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine is the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GARY SEVEN
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, what part(s) are too big/too small/deformed? Also, can you maybe tell what kind of cards, tokens, maneuver dial came with your model?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GARY SEVEN
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Japherwaki wrote:
Mine is the same way.

Oh, Wizkids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Born
msg tools
For clarity's sake, the model comes with a large circular plastic base. That plastic base has three pegs which correspond to holes in the bottom of the three lower pylons. However, the lower three pylons and their holes are spaced too far apart for the pegs on the base to be connected to each hole (or indeed more than one hole).

As for what else is included, DS9 comes with: the DS9 crew pack, a card for DS9, a card for Terok Nor (no generic version), and a unique maneuver dial and template that allows the station to rotate, or move one space.

Both named stations are 44 points. Terok Nor has 2 tech slots, 2 weapon slots, and 2 crew slots. DS9 has 1 tech slot, 2 weapons, and 3 crew. The stats are the same. 5 attack, 0 evade, 8 hull, 8 shields.

Terok Nor is Dominion faction, and has an unique ability that allows it to fire its primary weapon in 360 at range 1-3 (rather than just 1-2 from the edge of the base) with 4 attack dice. DS9 is Federation and Bajoran, and has an unique ability that allows it to roll up to 2 more evade dice each time you defend at the cost of disabling 1 shield per die (the question stands as to whether you disable a shield for each die each attack, or, for example 2 shields total for +2 dice during every attack. I have to imagine it's only 2 shields total, or that seems almost completely useless! Even still Terok Nor seems like the much better station).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew V
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By turning the base around and gently guiding the feet of the model, I got mine to fit. It fit the pegs better after I rotated the base so that different pegs were aligned with the holes. It still was nowhere near exact.

Is there any reason I wouldn't want to glue the base on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Born
msg tools
Unfortunately, I did try rotating the base to no success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GARY SEVEN
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Thanks for the info. and again totally sucks that the model does not function. Could one just not attach the model to its base? Would this maybe make playing with it slightly easier ( move model off to the side, maneuver base where it needs to go, set model back down over base )?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it built the same, but I know the base on the Boarg Cube will only fit on one way, so try turning it to see if it will fit in one of the other orientations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acityofme wrote:
(the question stands as to whether you disable a shield for each die each attack, or, for example 2 shields total for +2 dice during every attack. I have to imagine it's only 2 shields total, or that seems almost completely useless! Even still Terok Nor seems like the much better station).

Each die each attack, and yes, it's terrible. Terok Nor is the only remotely playable station of the four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Born
msg tools
KUMARI wrote:

Thanks for the info. and again totally sucks that the model does not function. Could one just not attach the model to its base? Would this maybe make playing with it slightly easier ( move model off to the side, maneuver base where it needs to go, set model back down over base )?

Yeah, it's not at all necessary for it to attach to the base. Being placed on top, with one peg in one pylon is workable, it's just kind of annoying given the cost, heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Cothern
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine actually came with 1 peg broken, and at this point the replacement parts page at WK's does not include DS9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My OP DS9 was the same way, I had to carefully drill another set of holes for each pylon foot to get it into a state I was happy with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HAIL HYDRA
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone have pictures of the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.