Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I had a coworker and her husband join us to play some games. After a great game of Firefly they decided that they wanted to play a game of Carcassonne. My children (ages 7 and 9) love the game and instantly joined in. Game configuration was

River II
King and Scout tiles but not rules
Traders and Builders

For a long time I've played games of all ages with the boys under the policy that I do not take it easy on them but I do advise them on recommended play when they are making a blunder or stuck in games. However Carcassonne has been played enough that I let them flounder a bit. Today was a different experience.

Major moves by the boys.

Xander (Age 9)
1. On two occations he merged a small city with a claimed larger city to steal a share.
2. Won the Grain bonus

Aiden (Age 7)
1. Attempted to Use Farms. While not particularly Effective I'm proud that he is trying it. He did get points from both farms.
2. Blocked his brother from merging with his large city by redirecting Xander's city a different direction.
3. Closed multiple cities with the specific intent to steal Good bonuses. In the end he won 2 bonuses.

Very few mistakes made by the boys and as a result Xander got a convincing win by around 20 points and to top things off Aiden snuck in with a second place finish. Xander has been competitive for a while (although he says this is his first win). But Aiden was the real shock. He usually just plays to have fun but this was by far his highest score and his first time beating adults.

A great night overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you've got a lot to be proud of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.