Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aloha,

I will be moving to Honolulu for three months between January and April next year. I was wondering whether anyone had a room/place for me to rent/share as well as a game group I could integrate myself with.

Thank you.

PS: Feel free to geekmail me with any advice/help that you may be able to offer me. I will read through each GM carefully and reply with the details you may require.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a place for you to stay, but I can inform you about the local gaming scene.

Assuming you are moving to Oahu (the largest island with Honolulu on it), we have The Oahu Board Gamers.

The Meetup link for OBG is http://settlers.meetup.com/106/

See this link for a list of game stores on Oahu: Hawaii, USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Don't have a place for you to stay, but I can inform you about the local gaming scene.

Assuming you are moving to Oahu (the largest island with Honolulu on it), we have The Oahu Board Gamers.

Yup, most likely I will be moving to Oahu as I heard it has a pretty efficient public transport system in The Bus. But I suppose if someone can show me around the other islands ie Maui, Hawaii, I would be open to that as well.

Thank you for the link. Do you reckon it's okay for me to ask for help there as well or would that be taboo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
MajorOracle wrote:

Yup, most likely I will be moving to Oahu as I heard it has a pretty efficient public transport system in The Bus. But I suppose if someone can show me around the other islands ie Maui, Hawaii, I would be open to that as well.

Thank you for the link. Do you reckon it's okay for me to ask for help there as well or would that be taboo?

Shouldn't be a problem. Others ask for rides in the comments for events on the meetup.com site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
msg tools
MajorOracle wrote:

Assuming you are moving to Oahu (the *THIRD* largest island with Honolulu on it), we have The Oahu Board Gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction. I meant the island with the largest population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
msg tools
No worries, mele kalikimaka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I meant the island with the largest population.
I'm sorry, was this in relation to the previous post? I can't quite understand. =(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like JP edited his post. He pointed out that I said largest island, and he thought I meant largest in size when I meant largest in population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.