Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Table Politics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josef Disby
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When playing Civilization, when do you all allow for discussion about the situation of the game (Table Politics). Several times I've played we've had players complaining, threatening to make counter attacks and making deals during both City Management and Movement. Do you all restrict this kind of talk to the Trade phase where people are allowed to make deals, or is it just common occurrence in every game?

I'm guessing this question might have been brought up once in a while so feel free to refer me to previous discussions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Marysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun, and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amongst my group, in general, deals and threats are permitted at any time in any game by any player, unless it violates something specific in a particular game (such as secrecy rules in Dead of Winter).

In Civ, however, for some reason this kind of discussion rarely comes up for us, even to perform trades during the trade phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We discussed troughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
We also discuss (a lot) through the whole game.

But only during Trade phase we make negotiations including tokens, culture cards and trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.