Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hagberg
United States
Resaca
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious as to whether anyone had fought Omnitron in the Omnitron environment using a team that includes Omnitron X? Just looked through the session reports and didn't see one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Omnitron IV hasn't been released yet, it shouldn't be surprising that you haven't found reports of that particular battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rest assured that as soon as it's possible, someone will!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hagberg
United States
Resaca
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. That explains it then. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh have no doubt, it has happened; and it's an interesting matchup. It just can't be discussed just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the first thing I'll do when I get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grysqrl wrote:
Oh have no doubt, it has happened; and it's an interesting matchup. It just can't be discussed just yet.

From what I understand at the GtG boards, interesting in the "ouch" kind of sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
It isn't so bad. It puts original Omni to about a 3 or easy 4 in my opinion.

It doesn't benefit Cosmitron as much, but it is a vicious fight.

The original Playtest version of Omnitron-IV was insane. Playing Omnitron in Omnitron-IV could end up with 12 targets in play every round, and with the healing and immunities you couldn't stop it.

It got a major overhaul, it is nothing like that now, but it is still hard.

Wrath and the 3 minis contain 2 of my favorite environments to date, a hero that I love as much as my dear Expat and Fanatic, and some really unique villains, I think 2 of the 5 will become favorite villains to play for most groups, and 2 of them are just brutal, which I love.

It's a great mix, and not one of them feels rehashed. Just a great expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You tease, you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantaskippy wrote:
and some really unique villains, I think 2 of the 5 will become favorite villains to play for most groups, and 2 of them are just brutal, which I love.

I like brutal villains. Glad to hear there will be some solid challenges in this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Brownsword
msg tools
A quote from one of the Podcasts they've done is "Playtesters said Omnitron in the Omnitron IV environment is fun, fun in the "WHERE'S ALL MY BLOOD!" sense."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
So Omnitron-IV is insane. It is harder than Omnitron, and possibly worse than Cosmitron.

In a game against The Chairman it took over the match and was worse than The Chairman.

That's taken from my response to my initial few plays of the deck. The next paragraph was about how much fun the deck was. The deck was intentionally too hard at the start of playtesting, and has since been brought down from the "Heroes and Villains are Irrelevant" level it was at to the "Oh no where did all my blood go?" fun everyone will get to experience shortly.

One of my favorite house rule "challenges" was playing Omnitron advanced in the block, treating every Device as having the keyword Guard, and Every Guard as having the keyword Device.

(It's super fun, the idea is Omnitron has taken over the block)

Omnitron-IV is better than that, and really, Omnitron advanced in Omnitron IV. . . ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.