Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Brutal: The Board Game - KickStarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Ruckman
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523185172/brutal-the-b...

Brutal: The Board Game is a hack and slash style RPG that combines the character building RPG action of a standard table top, pen and paper RPG with the fast paced, "open the box and play" of a board game. Based on the rules of BrutalRPG, the board game offers fast action, heavy hitting, hack and slash like no other game system. Play area is randomly created with each game so that even after playing for hours you never get the feeling of repetition.

Get more information about the game and the KickStarter over at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523185172/brutal-the-b...

With all the promotion out of the way. I am interested in what you might think about the game and the idea behind it. I've love to get feedback and answer questions. These questions will help me make the game better.

Thank you,
Dustin Ruckman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see actual pictures/images of what you get.

and typo: its fould taste, not it's foul taste. (on the potion card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No video, and an errant apostrophe in the first paragraph (the plural of 'hero' is 'heroes').

If you want people to back your project, you need to give them confidence in your ability to deliver. If you can't put together a video, I have to guess at the reasons. Is it too difficult for you to organise? If so, how can I trust you to organise the printing and distribution of the finished product? (They are, of course, completely different things - but avoiding lemons and scams on Kickstarter is a game of trusting your instincts...)

Your product is largely a language product. How can I trust the quality of a language product when the person running it posts promotional copy with grammatical mistakes?

Not trying to be mean - just pointing out why this project raises red flags for me, in case you want to address any of them!

The game itself sounds like it might be something I'd be interested in, but there isn't enough information on the KS page to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brzuziwski
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
More Monskers
badge
I am blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
I'd like to see actual pictures/images of what you get.

Ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ruckman
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
KAndrw wrote:
No video, and an errant apostrophe in the first paragraph (the plural of 'hero' is 'heroes').

If you want people to back your project, you need to give them confidence in your ability to deliver. If you can't put together a video, I have to guess at the reasons. Is it too difficult for you to organise? If so, how can I trust you to organise the printing and distribution of the finished product? (They are, of course, completely different things - but avoiding lemons and scams on Kickstarter is a game of trusting your instincts...)

Your product is largely a language product. How can I trust the quality of a language product when the person running it posts promotional copy with grammatical mistakes?

Not trying to be mean - just pointing out why this project raises red flags for me, in case you want to address any of them!

The game itself sounds like it might be something I'd be interested in, but there isn't enough information on the KS page to know.

I have no excuse for the grammar mistakes. You would think that I would have learned to have someone proof read before I post something. You are right that the game is largely documentation and I am sorry that I had the mistakes. One of my team members has gone behind me and corrected the issues you pointed out and took the opportunity to ban me from posting anything till he reads it first.

I don't think you were being mean at all. Honesty is always best, even if it does seem a little harsh. I can see where the red flags can come from and I assure you that the project is not fake or a scam. But at the same time it's also not from a large (or even small) game company. We are just a couple of guys that want to share a game that we made and see if it can bring some other gamers out there some joy. We didn't think that lack of a video was such a major flaw, but with others saying the same thing about there only being a cover image, we are just going to have to sit down and make one.

As far as the game itself. What information do you feel is missing? I guess I could put more about the game play down in writing. Or make a video of us playing the game and talking out the moves and actions that are taking place. If you have any ideas of what you feel I'm missing, I would greatly appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ruckman
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Oh - To address the issue of images of what you get.

The only physical form of the game right now is "Print and Play" copy of the core set. The final game will be printed at thegamecrafter.com. We are in the process of getting the project setup there for production. We are lacking some of the final art and part of the funds generated by the KickStarter is to pay for these last bits of art needed to go to print.

However, our print and play copy that we use to both test and play the game does look like a final version. The cards are all printed on card stock, the hex tiles are all bound to foam board, and the dice are all cubes (sorry had to make a joke in there somewhere). I think that we will put together a demo video of us playing a little with these play test pieces.

Do you think it would it be harmful or helpful to show these printed materials as "what you get"? I don't have an issue taking pictures of them as a set, but I also don't want people to think that they are getting something I printed out on my ink jet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.