Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got 'Beagle' and am anxious to set foot on Discovery Island with Scenario 1 but there seems to be a discrepancy in the rules regarding the gathering of fossils.

The rule book in describing scenario 1 says that fossils are only gathered on the camp tile and only if it's a hill or a mountain. It further specifies that only 1 pawn is used per action and a die roll must ensue during the gathering action.

The hard cover scenario booklet that comes with the game does not mention the camp tile requirement nor the 1-pawn restriction. It simply mentions that a mountain/hill tile is required following the normal distance rules, which thus leads me to believe that I can use 2 or 3 pawns to guarantee the fossil gathering success.

I personally like the hard cover interpretation but I am concerned that I am somehow misreading this in the rule book.

Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you misread the situation in the rulebook.
But first, the English* rulebook is more a collection of examples than a rulebook, when it comes to the different scenarios. They should help explain how it works, but usually don't provide additional rules text. At least not in the example-y boxes...

So, the deal is this:
You CAN collect Fossils on the camp. This is different, because you cannot collect any ressource on the camp tile, of course.

You CAN ONLY collect Fossils on mountain or hill tiles.
And IF you do, you CAN do it with 1 or 2 pawns, if adjacent or on the tile, or with more pawns if further away.

For most rules, the scenario booklet is your go-to source.

*I say "English" because that was changed a little with the German one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dumon for clearing that up for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.