Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Thomasser
United States
Bowmansville
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm uncertain when the Civbots are placed on the board in relation to human players. Do the humans go first then the bots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Civbots first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thomasser
United States
Bowmansville
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules example of setup:
"Example: Let assume that the highest Territory tokens are 16, 14 and 13. In a 4 player game, the 2 Civbots will start in territories 16 and 14. If territory 14 is occupied, the Civbots will start in territories 16 and 13.
"

If bots first, how can 14 be occupied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayThomas wrote:
From the rules example of setup:
"Example: Let assume that the highest Territory tokens are 16, 14 and 13. In a 4 player game, the 2 Civbots will start in territories 16 and 14. If territory 14 is occupied, the Civbots will start in territories 16 and 13.
"

If bots first, how can 14 be occupied?

Good question. This have me confused, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote that part of the rules. However, I think maybe some changes were made to the rules after I last saw them, and maybe the Civbot rules were changed. In which case, the example is wrong, and could be confusing.

Best to check with designer / publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian St. John
msg tools
According to the now official FAQ, Civbots chose their starting territories in turn order. Since they act after humans, the highest ranking bot will take the first territory after the last human has chosen his or hers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The german rules explicitly mention civbots being placed after players choose their territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian St. John
msg tools
They do but it's not in the english ones and as far as I can make out, not in the italian rules either.

It's in accordance with the FAQ though since the turn order places all bots after the human players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.