3 Posts

Might & Magic Heroes» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Some strategies after 10-12 plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Nandor
msg tools
I wonder why no one else posted here before

Since a game lasts for 3-6 hours for us, its better not to waste time on learning new things, so let me share some of my tactics, and I hope I receive similar info:

-EVERY building is needed, whenever possible, do the building (in some cases I skip the last capitol level+ faction specific building)
-buy a secondary hero as soon as possible, most of them has starting money or starting units
-if you are playing a 12 weeks long game, do this before the 6th week and make sure you have 2 full armies by the end of the 9th week
-if you feel you control a lot of mines, only collect money. This will change over time and there is not enough money for everything. (Reconquering the mines takes a lot of time, wasting movements and in the meantime you do less gathering which is also a setback)
-if possible, the last card should be a hero movement
-the revers of this tip is to examine the possibility of a conflict. Keep in mind if the first player token rotates or if you are stuck in a place for the end of the week.
-playing a 12 weeks long game, at the end of the 9th/beginning of the 10th week, you need to start defending mines / taking control over enemy mines by moving out your fully strengthened armies. You have 6 movement cards in 2 weeks, consider portal movement.
-if you cant take a mine, stay on top of that, the max distance is 2 where your rival can run, on the next round, either you attack, or he runs away

Home rules:
-Map layout can be frustrating. Dont fck up a 4 hours gameplay. Do this:
Someone rotates the tiles, the other player choses his starting location first. This way the first player creates an equally fair map, second one has the advantage of chosing the best place in a fair map. Then the first/third one starts the game.
-You can place the tiles with the untakeable 2/4 point locations to the middle.
-rotate the starting player token once per moon cycle (rotating is necessary, double moves are annoying, this is a golden middle)
-allow to complete the last week for everybody even if someone reached the target goal points (you needed to hold your castles for some time in the pc version too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is another hint:

Don´t play more than 2 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Nandor
msg tools
Mantorok wrote:
Here is another hint:

Don´t play more than 2 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.