Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone clarify for me:

- how is the calligraphy card 'fasting' any good. you miss out on 6 points in every Resting spot as you don't buy a meal and get 3 points in the end, so everytime its -3 points. what do i miss?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess its meant to soften the loss in the event that you've been shafted out of a couple of meals. I could see picking it up at the temple late in the journey if I'd been short on coin at a couple of inns and been forced to go hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Repshire
msg tools
It's meant to be a repair to your score if you make a mistake and have to miss a meal, not a strategic option to intentionally miss meals (in most cases anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Rowe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It is possible to use the card strategically but you would then have to score more than 12 points with the coins you have saved whilst fasting (-1 for the cost of the calligraphy).

On average that is 6 coins - 1 for the calligraphy.

As such, you would have to earn points over 12 with the average of 5 coins to gain any benefit and there are only very contextual and narrow ways to generate that amount of points.

E.g.
3 at temple to win it = 13 points (10 base win + 3 from the act of donating)
2-cost legendary for 5th part of set = 9 points

Total of 5 coins = 22 points.

10 of those will be thanks to Fasting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.