5 Posts

Chaos & Alchemy» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Shuffed out" and "Secret and Safe" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Ataman
msg tools
mbmb
I played action card and opponent played "Shuffed out". Can I Play "Shuffed out" to cancel his "Shuffed out"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
onza_ wrote:
I played action card and opponent played "Shuffed out". Can I Play "Shuffed out" to cancel his "Shuffed out"?

No, reaction cards can only be played when it not your turn. Since it is your turn, you can not cancel a reaction card by playing another reaction card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Ataman
msg tools
mbmb
belial1134 wrote:
onza_ wrote:

No, reaction cards can only be played when it not your turn. Since it is your turn, you can not cancel a reaction card by playing another reaction card

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
onza_ wrote:

Actually, this is incorrect.

First, just to clarify any confusion, the name of the card is Snuffed Out.

Second, while it's true that you can play Reaction cards when it's not your turn and that this is usually when you will play them, there is nothing prohibiting you from playing one on your own turn if the opportunity arises.

So yes, if you play a card on your turn and your opponent reacts with Snuffed Out, you may indeed react with your own Snuffed Out, canceling his, and allowing your original card to happen.

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Ataman
msg tools
mbmb
ChaosAndAlchemy wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
onza_ wrote:

Actually, this is incorrect.

First, just to clarify any confusion, the name of the card is Snuffed Out.

Second, while it's true that you can play Reaction cards when it's not your turn and that this is usually when you will play them, there is nothing prohibiting you from playing one on your own turn if the opportunity arises.

So yes, if you play a card on your turn and your opponent reacts with Snuffed Out, you may indeed react with your own Snuffed Out, canceling his, and allowing your original card to happen.

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games

thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.