Kevin Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Hello,

I'm looking for more or less what the title says: if anyone is willing / able to take a scan through this rulebook and give me a readability rating, say from 1-10, and offer some advice on how to improve the experience, I would really appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew, 39Mb is quite much to download and open/read... You might want to cut the size down first

Unfortunately do not have time to read or comment on, so will leave this to others... But from skimming over the rulebook kudos! Looks really nice, thematic and the layout also looks good. Cards do have a nice technical way to them with all the wireframe two-color side-views, so... Hopeful here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Whew, 39Mb is quite much to download and open/read... You might want to cut the size down first

This for sure. Even just using Acrobat Pro I was able to crunch it down to 8MB.

I can best look at this art/design wise for you.

My biggest gripe at just looking at it is the fonts you are using are very thin. Particularly when it's inside the red bars it is harder to read. I'd bold that font if possible, if not then change it.

First page about Jyrgunkarrd is a total weird turn off to me. Stick flavor stuff like this in the back since it doesn't have anything to do with the game itself and give the rulebook a real cover of some sort.

I'd also not use real life political figures/photography, I know it's just one page but it will turn some people off. Plus I don't see it really adding much to the game at all.

The art overall is good but could use some texture, base colors especially such drab ones don't do much for a reader. If the game is a wargame then various metals would be the first thing I think of.

Rules wise it seems laid out well enough but there are a lot of pages and the flow of reading the rules is broken up by all the flavor stuff. Having that take up a whole page just gets in the way. If they were an aside near the stuff or just part of the art that'd be fine but if I have to skip a page that is really just there to look pretty I lose my place where I was reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for the feedback; I didn't even notice the file size. Doh!

I've updated it to be a much more reasonable size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.