Subject: Major port and sea transport rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

11.2.6 All points can be used to carry units to the same Major
Port, Operational or not.

It appears that the Allies can sea transport to a non-operational major port.

My questions: 1) What is the purpose of making a major port operational after all? 2) How many Allied units can be sea transported to a major port?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is necessary to get 4th Sea Transport Point (11.2.4) and to get better column in Support marker roll.
As you may use all Transport points by 11.2.6, you may transport all this units. Stacking is not checked in this phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

Okay. I understand it now. Despite this, I think the rules about major port do not reflect the crucial influence on Allied supply lines very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't stop at Cherbourg. Supports make your army much better than Germany's. Plus air inhibits tigers and werfers. Sadly, after turn 9, the free air disappears. Without a major port you are down to 1.3 supports/round. If you've cleared 6 major ports however you're sitting pretty on 4.9/turn. More than the Germans ever get, enough to blast through the Siegfried line and on to the Ruhr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mb
Doesn't rule 15.1.3 (about minor ports) suggest that operational may be understood literally, i.e., that a major port could only be used for sea transport after having been repaired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Villadangos
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
JSBourget wrote:
Doesn't rule 15.1.3 (about minor ports) suggest that operational may be understood literally, i.e., that a major port could only be used for sea transport after having been repaired?

No. Rule 11.2.6 is clear:

"11.2.6 All points can be used to carry units to the same Major Port, Operational or not."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. The french rule doesn't comprise this clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.