5 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire and Ice Combo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Teddy
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm just deck brewing and I came across a possibly very powerful combo. I'm new to the game, so please forgive me if this has been thought of a thousand times.

Pyro - Uncontrolled
When Pyro attacks, roll all the dice in your used pile. Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each lightening rolled.

Iceman - Too Cool for Words
Global - pay lightening to spin any number of your sidekick dice to their lightening side.

So, can i use pyro attack, roll dice, and then use iceman to force them to be lightening? OBV. i can only turn sidekick dice, but the question is, can i use the ability to turn them at all, or is it only effective to Pyro if they are natural rolls?

Also, just a quick question tacked on the end. The rules say you can use UPTO 6 or 8 cards, yet i've never seen anyone use less. If I show up with a team of 5 will I be allowed to play? Laughed at? At a severe disadvantage?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't interrupt the resolution of one effect with another, so no you can't grab the Sidekicks them use Iceman's global. Personally I don't use all the slots for my team all the time, and odds are you won't be able to use everyone anyway. If you want a more focused team go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Teddy
Canada
flag msg tools
BigIV wrote:
Winter is coming.

That took a second. Well played Sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Mongooli wrote:
Also, just a quick question tacked on the end. The rules say you can use UPTO 6 or 8 cards, yet i've never seen anyone use less. If I show up with a team of 5 will I be allowed to play? Laughed at? At a severe disadvantage?

It ultimately comes down to the squad you're running and what you want it to do. Typically, my team revolves around 3-5 primary characters that are purchased every game and the remaining slots are to deal with issues that my team suffers against. For example, my current constructed team runs Cerebro - Supercomputer, but if my opponent's strategy has him buying one of everything (or he adjusts his strategy to counter the fact that I brought Cerebro), then I won't end up purchasing it as the impact it will make would be minimal. Cerebro also hurts my squad (not to mention Imprison) because most of their fielding costs are 0 or 1, so I run Namor's uncommon to counter those in case they become an issue.

Unless your strategy will have you buying all 20 dice between those 5 characters, it's typically an advantage to have at least one die sitting on some side characters that are for 'What if' scenarios. You may never purchase one for your main plan, but if something goes south, its nice to have it as a back-up option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.