Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Baker
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Greetings, everyone.

I've been playing this game quite a bit and here are some of the modifications that we are currently testing out. We currently have the PO and TCM sets. I'm posting them here to inspire you guys and ask for comments/criticism. I will keep this post updated with any further modifications.

Starting Weapons — 1x Fire Axe, 1x Claw Hammer, 1x Pistol, 1x Nightstick, Pans for anyone else.

Searching — Each room may only be searched as many times as there are Survivors at the start of the game, to a maximum of 6. Place a die, showing the appropriate number of pips, in each searchable room and reduce it by one each time the room is searched. An Aaahh! card reduces it by one, as well, and using a flashlight reduces it by 2.

Doors — Doors that are opened with a Fire Axe/Chainsaw/Concrete Saw/etc. are considered destroyed and may not be re-locked by the “Lock It Down” Skill. Doors that are opened with a Crowbar/Claw Hammer/Key/Break-In Ability/etc. can be re-locked.

Abominations — Abominations that are blocked by a door or barricade will use their activation to destroy the obstruction. This will cause zombies to spawn, if it creates an open path to Survivors. Abominations are considered Fatties with regards to extra Activations.

Zombivores — If a Survivor is killed by a zombie, place his/her miniature on its side. Another Survivor in the same zone as the corpse, may spend one action to “double-tap” the corpse before it is re-animated. Otherwise, at the end of the next player turn, before the Zombie Activations, the corpse is re-animated as a Zombivore. The Zombivore is counted as both a Fatty & a Runner (i.e. it requires a Damage 2 weapon to wound, and gets two Activations per turn) and must be wounded 3 times to be put down. Zombivores will receive extra activations with Fatties AND Runners. Survivors receive 1 XP each time they wound a Zombivore.

Police Cars — When you search a Police Car, continue drawing cards until you get a card from the following list: Pistol, Plenty of Ammo, Shotgun, Plenty of Ammo (Heavy), Flashlight, Nightstick, Assault Rifle, Riot Shield, Gas Mask. Discard the other cards . The Aaahh! card triggers the appearance of a Walker as usual and interrupts the Search. A Police Car may only be searched 3 times.

Gunblades — A Gunblade can be created by combining a Machete and a .44 Magnum. It can benefit from the Hollow-Point Rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why do you want to change the rules?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Baker
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Most of these changes are to make things more "realistic" and enhance your immersion in the game (Doors, Limited Searches, Police Car searches, Gunblades = Magnums). The only major changes here are giving Abominations extra activations and the ability to crash through doors (to make them scarier) and the Zombivore change is just something we came up with because we didn't like the idea of zombies being one of the "good guys."

That said, we lose the missions 50-60% of the time, and we like it that way. It should be difficult to stay alive in the zombie apocalypse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree that the game should be more difficult...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonathanrbaker wrote:

Zombivores — If a Survivor is killed by a zombie, place his/her miniature on its side. Another Survivor in the same zone as the corpse, may spend one action to “double-tap” the corpse before it is re-animated. Otherwise, during the next player turn, when it would have been that Survivor’s turn to go, the corpse is re-animated as a Zombivore. The Zombivore is counted as both a Fatty & a Runner (i.e. it requires a Damage 2 weapon to wound, and gets two Activations per turn) and must be wounded 3 times to be put down. You receive 1 XP each time you wound a Zombivore.

Nice Ideas, but I really like this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Baker
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks! After talking over our ideas a little more last night, I've tweaked how we are going to try the Zombivores this next time. Check the first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.