dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
While i'm still in the process of creating my own version of this game as a little design project, i was wondering if the game could be spiced up a bit by giving each player their own meeple to move around the board?

Do you think it would be possible? What effect would it have on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting idea and makes more thematic sense if you are individual customers buying carpets from opponents. Often when I play this players query who Assam is and why he is buying the carpets he owns.

Anyhow, mechanically you would have to resolve what happens if two pawns land on the same square and whether this is legal. I think it would make the board look cluttered. If not, perhaps the pawn could keep moving one space forward until there is a free square unoccupied by a pawn?

There is a risk that players will just meander around in one corner, laying carpets and not venturing over to an opponent's corner. And then it will be a case of whoever can cover the most board with their carpets is the winner, which won't make for a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.