Subject: Short review after a few plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Received this game from my BGG Secret Santa with the instructions to write a review of the game as soon as I had played it. I, of course cannot let Santa down so here we go. This is my first review on BGG so tips, comments and feedback is more then welcome ☺!

Jaipur by designer Sébastien Pauchon is a two-player game about set collecting goods and selling them on the market of Jaipur, the capital of Rajastan.

The game comes with deck of cards with the 6 different goods on them en camel cards. At the beginning of the game, each person starts with 5 cards in their hand and if they include any camel cards, you lay them in front of you. The general market is seeded with 3 camels and 2 random goods cards from the stack. Now the game is ready to begin!

In your turn you have basically two choices. You either sell goods or collect goods from the market. The object of the game is to collect as many points as possible and this is done by selling cards from the same type in order to claim victory point tokens. There are a limited supply of tokens per good and when 3 stacks of tokens are empty the first game round ends. When someone has won 2 round, the game is over and that player is the winner.

What can I say, I really like the game! It plays very quickly but has enough length and depth to is to be interesting and there can be surprisingly hard choices given the fact that you can either sell or collect goods. Keeping track of what you opponent takes from the market and balancing, sabotaging your opponent and still getting what you want can definitely be tricky!

I’ve played this a couple of times now with my girlfriend and she likes it a lot as well so that is a big plus ☺. She has won each time as well so I’ll have to find a different strategy in order to win. This is definitely one of our favourite two-player games and I think we will get a lot of plays out of this one.

Verdict: 8/10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Botsford
Australia
Mooroolbark
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE review! Jaipur was not on my radar, but after reading your review I might just have to add it to my wishlist...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.