Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A public THANK YOU!!! to all of the Library Volunteers this year. You were all truly amazing and I personally appreciate all of your help and support.

Thank you again for a fantastic BGG.CON, and I look forward to working with you again.

Kristine Anderson
BGG.CON Library/BGG Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the opportunity to contribute! I typically don't work cons that I'm not on staff for (I need the break), but an hour or two in the library is an easy and delightful way to give back -- and get a feel for what people are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a first-timer to BGG.CON this year and I had a great time working in the library. It was a very rewarding experience. If you've never volunteered for a time slot, I highly recommend it.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
I took two shifts - an hour doing cleanup and an hour doing check-out. The new games were a bit disorganized when I got there... games out of order, large games balanced precariously on much smaller games, and some games had fallen behind others. The couple before me had done an awesome job straightening up all the rest of the games, so I could spend my time focusing on the new game shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I described my hour to those who asked me what it was like working in the library on Friday.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* "Wow, that was an hour? Time to get back to gaming!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great time again on my shifts! Seems like they always go by too fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Stemberger
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved my regular volunteer shifts! Seriously, handing me a scanning gun just leads to fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkflame7 wrote:
Loved my regular volunteer shifts! Seriously, handing me a scanning gun just leads to fun...

Yup. I checked for hidden Cylons during my shift. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon R
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:
darkflame7 wrote:

Why didn't I think of that? Especially since I had the last 2 shifts the night before our Thursday a.m. game.

This was my second year volunteering and like so many others have already said, it was a lot of fun. I saw games checked out that I never would have imagined existed. It's really too bad that not everybody had a good experience, but it sounds like that feedback will be kept in mind for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sharoz wrote:
BosonMichael wrote:
darkflame7 wrote:

Why didn't I think of that? Especially since I had the last 2 shifts the night before our Thursday a.m. game.

What you needed was a "Jump Track Has Already Moved" Detector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.