Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: In stores before Christmas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone think there is a chance this will be in stores before Christmas?
I am not a backer but I am biting my nails at finally being able to go out and buy it old school

I would love to be able to play it with the kids during school break...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Re: Is stores before Christmas?
At the rate things are going, it's doubtful. FFP still hasn't finished shipping KS backers in the US, they are WAY behind shipping to ROW backers and they are having problems getting the games to their warehouse because of the dock workers actions.

I'd expect retail to slip into January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:

If SoB doesn't come out before Christmas, I'd suggest getting Arcadia Quest. I got the game while I was waiting for my SoB copy to come and my kids like it a lot. It's shorter and simpler than SoB so I think more kid friendly. SoB is still fun for kids but AQ is a good filler until you get SoB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendation!
Although, from little I read about it, doesn't it seem more like a competitive skirmish game than a dungeon crawl?
Thanks why I stopped looking into it originally, but I may be wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But does that matter though? Lets say they got their shipment of reserved stock for retail distribution from China... would they really just let them wait in the warehouse until all KS backers got their copies?
That would be a little against the whole point of kickstarting a project in the first place wouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation!
Although, from little I read about it, doesn't it seem more like a competitive skirmish game than a dungeon crawl?
Thanks why I stopped looking into it originally, but I may be wrong

You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
But does that matter though? Lets say they got their shipment of reserved stock for retail distribution from China... would they really just let them wait in the warehouse until all KS backers got their copies?
That would be a little against the whole point of kickstarting a project in the first place wouldn't it?

The logistics of the issue, and this comes from them, is that they have limited warehouse space, so they couldn't accept all backer copies at once. They decided to stagger the shipments out.

So ship comes in, trucks pick up the pallets of games and fill the FFP warehouse. FFP packs up the games to backers to empty the warehouse. Next ship comes in and we repeat the process.

In otherwords, they don't exactly have the 'reserved stock for retail distribution' at this time, they only have KS stock.

Last report from a couple weeks ago was that there was KS stock sitting on a ship in port that was being held up by port issues. I don't know if those issues have been worked out.

**Speculation Warning**

I would think that at this point retail stock is on a ship and coming in. Will it get here before the holidays? Held up in customs? Have the port issues been worked out? Will the busy holiday shipping schedule tie things up? Will there be enough stock to satisfy demand?

There's a whole lotta question marks.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, and that's what makes the wait so much harder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Woods
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are people selling copies on ebay? Some are ludicrous prices and should be avoided, but several are selling for less than MSRP and have it in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Does anyone think there is a chance this will be in stores before Christmas?
I am not a backer but I am biting my nails at finally being able to go out and buy it old school

My retail copy arrived today from coolstuff....Good Luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.