rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Which value determines number of hostiles that appear after placing of Location card ?

Team's Resource value (real) or Mission card value (max possible) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You use the team's actual (and indeed current) value.

If a soldier is down, you recalculate that total.
There is an example on page 18 that states ...

"Your Team is worth 85 Resource points. A 10 point
Soldier is Downed, reducing your Team to 75 points. If you can
reduce your Team value by 1 point, you’ll drop into the 50-74
range on the Hostile charts. You drop 1 M67 Grenade to reduce
your value to 74."

So you will then use 74 as the total for determining hostiles.

[edit to add]
In fact the example at the top of p18 makes it even clearer. Don't know how I missed that one when looking earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last campaign I kept my total resource value below 75 the whole time, even for the much higher value missions, just to try and stay on top of the hostiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Dan said that you always calculate the full resource number listed on the mission card, even if you didn't spend all of it. Of course, once a soldier is downed, you the recalculate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I think Dan said that you always calculate the full resource number listed on the mission card, even if you didn't spend all of it. Of course, once a soldier is downed, you the recalculate

That is indeed what Dan from DVG replied to one of my queries (can't remember the thread). Of course, you can house rule however you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaroonedMorlock wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

That is indeed what Dan from DVG replied to one of my queries (can't remember the thread). Of course, you can house rule however you want.

Just to add to the discussion, page 6 sets out

The total Experience value of Hostile cards that appear in a Location depends on your team’s total Resource value. This is the same as the Resource value on the Mission card.

But then the wording on page 17/18 re recalculation on downed or medevaced is a bit more ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House rules it is then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

The total Experience value of Hostile cards that appear in a Location depends on your team’s total Resource value. This is the same as the Resource value on the Mission card.

But then the wording on page 17/18 re recalculation on downed or medevaced is a bit more ambiguous.

Yes, I'd missed the bit on p6. Having read it through again though, it doesn't seem to be ambiguous.

You start with the total listed on the Mission card, and only recalculate if/when a soldier is downed or medevaced out.

p17 states (bold is my emphasis)
"Recalculate your team’s Resource point value each time a
Soldier is Downed, or Medevaced away from the Mission.
"This is the only time you recalculate your Resource point
value
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NezRobbo wrote:
Boom04 wrote:

Yes, I'd missed the bit on p6. Having read it through again though, it doesn't seem to be ambiguous.

You start with the total listed on the Mission card, and only recalculate if/when a soldier is downed or medevaced out.

p17 states (bold is my emphasis)
"Recalculate your team’s Resource point value each time a
Soldier is Downed, or Medevaced away from the Mission.
"This is the only time you recalculate your Resource point
value
"

Ambiguity?

I don't have pages 17/18 in front on me, but the second example concerning taking equipment in account seemed that it could be read that it was a "counting up" exercise, i.e on recalculation look at the value of what you have left. The alternate being deducting what you have "used" against the total resource value. The latter would be more consistent with page 6, and my preferred interpretation, but I can see playing it either way to "mix it up".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.