Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Ok, I'd try it again, but I'm not good at miniature games. It uses superhero characters from Marvel (DC comes later) that have a rotating base with all the needed stats shown there. So the combat is much simpler than a "true" minatures system, which is a good thing.
Jacob chose a massive character, Anniahalus or something like that, which naturally made him the target with the biggest bullseye on him, and a couple of support characters. I chose Magneto, Bullseye, Blade and a medic. Todd picked up Capt. America, Hercules and Blade.
My problem with the game is every character can only perform an action every other turn without taking damage. So the special abilites that allow you to move and fight in the same turn seem super powerful when fighting characters without that ability. Finally, the every other turn method just made the whole thing move really slowly, given that the theme is superhero battle which should really move quickly.
We called the game due to time and the fact that none of my characters were too wounded to penetrate Hercules' defense values. The game was just going to degenerate to a repetitious cycle of Hercules hits, I heal, he hits, I heal, until he finally wore me down.
Great for the kids and those who like miniatures systems, or would like them more without all the measuring and consulting charts. It's miniatures light, and I still stink at these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.