Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
Do land and sea units in a port have to retreat if they get a 'DG' result from an Air Attack card?

Is 'Truk' a sea zone and not a port?

Can friendly naval units in a port, whose ground area is under ground attack, be used to support friendly forces with Shore Bombardment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
peter1966 wrote:
Do land and sea units in a port have to retreat if they get a 'DG' result from an Air Attack card?

I think the ground unit must retreat as per 9.6.3.f, but I could be wrong, and I'll let Francisco check me on this when he sees it. What I do know is that if you want to be mean when you are the Allies, save those cards and play them all at the same time after playing Air Superiority. This makes the card red cards and you can interrupt an operation and play them. You are not limited to one. You can play all 5. If a naval unit is depleted and disorganized and you hit it again, it becomes destroyed.

I am 99.9999% certain the naval unit does not retreat in the situation you describe because series rule 9.6.3.e exempts the naval unit from retreating.

However, if enemy naval + ground units occupy the adjacent sea zone and the ground units disembark via series rule 7.1.1, and win the ground combat, then the naval units would be forced to retreat via series rule 6.3.2. Because that space is enemy occupied, it would destroy the ships. If any enemy ground units were forced to retreat in the ground battle, then they would follow 9.6.3.f and move toward the nearest resource point not in the same area or to the defined map edge if there were no resource points.

Quote:
Is 'Truk' a sea zone and not a port?

Sea zone. It represents Truk being far away. That is why if a purple truk unit is forced to retreat, it leaves the board completely and remember that Truk units cannot enter ports and cannot stack with non-Truk units.

Quote:
Can friendly naval units in a port, whose ground area is under ground attack, be used to support friendly forces with Shore Bombardment?

No. The battle chit specifies that the naval unit must be in the adjacent sea area. The port is considered part of the ground area (Series rule 6.2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
Thanks for replying Judd.

Yes, we have already discovered how effective the Air Attack card can be once Air Superiority is achieved. But if you want to play multiple Air Attack cards for the same naval combat, would a 'DG' result not force a naval unit to retire before he is hit by the next wave?

I'll wait to see from Francisco if an Air Attack card can compel a ground unit to retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. They stay. If it was full strength and organized, the first hit depletes it. The second hit disorganized it (but it stays in port). The third hit destroys it. Those cards can be VP generators!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peter1966 wrote:
Thanks for replying Judd.

Yes, we have already discovered how effective the Air Attack card can be once Air Superiority is achieved. But if you want to play multiple Air Attack cards for the same naval combat, would a 'DG' result not force a naval unit to retire before he is hit by the next wave?

I'll wait to see from Francisco if an Air Attack card can compel a ground unit to retreat.

Well I returned from Cádiz this night so I am here to respond your questions.

If you play any "Air Attack" card the units DG by the air attack don´t leave the area they occupy as you only retreat when you get a DG effect if you are into a battle. Of course, you cannot play those "Air Attack" during a battle...
They are green (and red) cards so you have to play them when you choose not to operate on the Map Board. If they are already converted also to red cards you can play any number of them -remember the Bismarck Sea battle- into any enemy occupied area, if an enemy stack moves you have to play them in the area just before they enter an area you occupy, as it inmediately generate a battle and you no longer could use them until the battle is over...

I hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
Thanks for replying Francisco.

If I understand you correctly, if an enemy naval stack at sea is adjacent to your naval stack, then you wouldn't have the opportunity to play an 'Air Attack' card if he moved directly into your area.

By the way, Francisco, are there any other Bellica 3G products near to release?

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peter1966 wrote:
Thanks for replying Francisco.

If I understand you correctly, if an enemy naval stack at sea is adjacent to your naval stack, then you wouldn't have the opportunity to play an 'Air Attack' card if he moved directly into your area.

By the way, Francisco, are there any other Bellica 3G products near to release?

Peter

Hi Peter, you have to play the card as soon as the stack is activated but before it enters your area!! You have to react quickly.

Yes,we are preparing the release of other games:

http://www.bellica3g.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&pag..., not a wargame but a historical strategy card driven game about Ancient Mediterranean Empires.

http://labsk.net/index.php?topic=110762.0a little blocks wargame about Nelson´ defeat at Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 1797.

We are preparing new titles in Campaign Commander and other Series as well. We are a tiny company but full of projects and energy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure??

I have a lot of games that need a VASSAL playtest module!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.