Thumb up
1 Posts

Goldland» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My worst performance (ever) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
flag msg tools
This evening's game of Goldland has probably just edged out my first (and to date; only) game of O Zoo le Mio as my poorest performance in a game.

Four players: Myself, Meowsqueak, Piko and Dirty.

It was mine and Dirty's first play. The rules were easy to pick up with little clarification needed.

Meowsqueak and Piko assailed the unknown lands from the top of the board. Myself and Dirty found ourselves following each other around the various canyons. Early on in the game I had set myself up nicely; I would like to think I was best placed in the game after 20% of the way through. However, the other 80% is a big 80%. I was about to go an obliterate the pumas; when Dirty unexpectedly traded up some exploration tokens, giving him enough guns, so beat me there by one turn I was not happy.

This left me feeling rather vengeful. Rather than focusing on building a strong route through to the temple, I decided to claim some of the points on offer for securing the puma, canyon, lake areas etc. To my own demise I was too caught up around the coast while the other three were delving deeper into the island. This left me in an incredibly lame position, reinforced when the other three had reached the temple then went about collecting some of the area bonuses from me. The final scoring was:

Meowsqueak 24
Piko 19
Dirty 17
Me 10

41.7% of the leader's score is not good. I enjoyed the game and its strong tie-in to the theme... I look forward to the next game when hopefully redemption can be mine!

 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.