Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
First time out for us on this one. I liked it, but I wanted to like it more. It seems unique among the "majority rules" genre in the ebb and flow of counts in the districts, and that some districts are wastelands and others are population centers.
The relatively quick movement of cubes in and out of various regions was like watching the tide come in and go out, which struck me as very appropos given the Venetian canal settings. This game will probably reward practice to learn some subtlties and better predict what each player is likely to choose to do each turn. I hope it grows on me with future plays.
Afterwards I realized we ahd 2 rules wrong: we only started with 1 bridge per player, and we forgot that an aristocrat could move 1 after being played into the region that matched the card.
Only one rule question came up during play. Does the Doge have to take a bridge route to the desired district, even if it would be more "expensive" than just crossing a canal? Our interpretation was that you had to go the bridge route. After all, the Doge is not going to get his cloak dirty if he can help it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.