Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Tactical Cube base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Besides Tactical Cubes, do you think that there will be any other ships produced that uses the Tactical Cube sized base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I really think the Jem'Hadar Battleship should have been on a larger base.

That being said, the Krenim Timeship should be on a larger base but likely won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
yeah, sort of feel the same about those ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was almost surprised that the Scimitar wasn't on the larger base. The funny thing is that everyone feels the Jem'Hadar Battleship should have been bigger, but not many people mention the Romulan D'Deridex, which should be even larger than the battleship (it was slightly shorter in length, but much larger in overall size).

I'm hoping that we may see the Jem'Hadar Planetary Assault ship at some point (not holding my breath). That one was nearly 3 times the size of the Battleship and would have to be on a larger base.

There are lots of larger ships out there in the Trek universe. Nothing that I see on the release schedule though. I think the biggest ship that they have listed on the release schedule is the Krenim Timeship which is roughly the same size as the Jem'Hadar Battleship so that will be on a smaller base most likely.

Voth City Ship
Romulan Mining Ship (from the JJ reboot)
Doomsday Device (I see that on more of a base like the X-Wing Corellian Corvette if it ever comes out. Would be a cool scenario type piece like DS9 though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I was almost surprised that the Scimitar wasn't on the larger base. The funny thing is that everyone feels the Jem'Hadar Battleship should have been bigger, but not many people mention the Romulan D'Deridex, which should be even larger than the battleship (it was slightly shorter in length, but much larger in overall size).

I'm hoping that we may see the Jem'Hadar Planetary Assault ship at some point (not holding my breath). That one was nearly 3 times the size of the Battleship and would have to be on a larger base.

There are lots of larger ships out there in the Trek universe. Nothing that I see on the release schedule though. I think the biggest ship that they have listed on the release schedule is the Krenim Timeship which is roughly the same size as the Jem'Hadar Battleship so that will be on a smaller base most likely.

Voth City Ship
Romulan Mining Ship (from the JJ reboot)
Doomsday Device (I see that on more of a base like the X-Wing Corellian Corvette if it ever comes out. Would be a cool scenario type piece like DS9 though)

I think anything with a Hull Strength of 7 or higher should be on a large base. I think the D'Deridex should be a 7, but understand why it wasn't for game design purposes. The ship is the size of DS9 though, and much bigger than the Scimitar. Maybe the Valdor should also be a 7 due to size, but that's a little more iffy since it is significantly smaller than the D'Deridex, but almost the same size as the Scimitar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Liedtka
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I think they did the cube that way because it really should have never been a regular ship, and should have always been just oversized. But x-wing had a medium class ship so now we do too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For STAW? Probably not, unless they release something crazy like the Doomsday Machine.

However DDAW uses them for the dragons. In fact you can pick up sets of flight stands in a bunch of colors that includes like 6 "normal" sized ones and 2 "cube" sized ones that are the exact same size as STAW. I grabbed a black set to make my tac cubes look slick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
For STAW? Probably not, unless they release something crazy like the Doomsday Machine.

However DDAW uses them for the dragons. In fact you can pick up sets of flight stands in a bunch of colors that includes like 6 "normal" sized ones and 2 "cube" sized ones that are the exact same size as STAW. I grabbed a black set to make my tac cubes look slick.

Confirmed; a friend of mine just did this for his cubes and it is glorious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.