Planes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blockages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Blockages section of the rules, it says that seven or more party cubes represent a blockage. The example also shows party cubes (red, blue, yellow and green) representing a blockage.

However, in the game example at the end of Round 2, Blue's Turn (pg. 15), seven cubes including neutral cubes creates a blockage.

The terminology used in the rules seems to indicate that the terms "party" and "neutral" are mutually exclusive, so the game example seems to contradict the blockage rules that there have to be seven party cubes.

Counting all cubes (for determining whether there's a blockage) seems to make more sense though, as blockages would otherwise be much rarer.

Should neutral cubes be counted for evaluating whether a blockage occurs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
Should neutral cubes be counted for evaluating whether a blockage occurs?

Yes, neutral cubes definitely factor in when calculating blockages. I learned the game from David so I guess I never noticed the terminology in the rule book. The neutral cubes still represent other people in the airport so "party" is still an appropriate term, but if it's used elsewhere to refer specifically to the cubes belonging to players, I can see the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense and is how I would have played it.

But throughout the rule book there is consistent use of the terms, e.g. the component listing has "party cubes" and "neutral cubes", and there are phrases like "your party cubes, other player's party cubes and "neutral cubes" that strongly imply neutral cubes are distinct from party cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct, Marlene. Sorry for the confusion. I will make a note to remove the word "Party" from the "Blockages" section of future rulebook editions. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.