Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is is possible to put a 1 next to a 6? Sometimes a number system allows 4,5,6,1,2,3. I'm probably thinking this can't happen but I'm just hoping you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you may not put a 1 next to a 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not allowed.
You have to keep in mind that the difference betwwen two numbers in adjacent spaces can't be more than 1.(plus 1 or minus 1) :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for both replies. So, if you put a "1" in a prefecture you can only fill in a neighbouring prefecture with a "1" or "2". That's what I thought but I was hoping you could also wangle in a "6" to help you get out of the trouble that a "1" creates!! Really like the concept - can't wait to try it out on different age groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgbg wrote:
Thanks for both replies. So, if you put a "1" in a prefecture you can only fill in a neighbouring prefecture with a "1" or "2". That's what I thought but I was hoping you could also wangle in a "6" to help you get out of the trouble that a "1" creates!! Really like the concept - can't wait to try it out on different age groups.

Yes that's it and that's what is complicated with this game. I really love this game and at home it clearly on of those we often play (I also have the chance to get the Tokyo map :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
sathimon wrote:
dgbg wrote:

Yes that's it and that's what is complicated with this game. I really love this game and at home it clearly on of those we often play (I also have the chance to get the Tokyo map :-)

The Tokyo map makes the Japan map look like babytown frolics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will soon see that rolling 1s and 6s is usually a disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
huffa2 wrote:
You will soon see that rolling 1s and 6s is usually a disaster.

At least you have a copy of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now I hate to ask ... how does one acquire a copy of the Tokyo map?
Curse those 1s and 6s!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I will now reply to my own question - "By looking at the file section, stupid!" - Sorry for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HEre is the link to the Tokyo map : http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110480/rolling-tokyo-map

The game is shorter (4 rounds) but it is still interesting and maybe more brain twister :-)

I totally agree with David 1s and 6s are the worst results you can get ! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.