Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
I'm slightly confused after reading the English rules

Apparently if I place my disc on the last or second last space, I can only move my disc on the sword board or king board 1 space

If that is the case, the. Why is there the number 2 right before the symbol? It seems to tell me to move 2 spaces instead of 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
I'm slightly confused after reading the English rules

Apparently if I place my disc on the last or second last space, I can only move my disc on the sword board or king board 1 space

If that is the case, the. Why is there the number 2 right before the symbol? It seems to tell me to move 2 spaces instead of 1?

My expansion board didn't come with the rules, unfortunately...I'm confused as well.

Obviously the regular rules lost something in the translation to English...I just wih they did a better job with the rules...its a simple enough game but the rules kind of suck.

I think its a typo, though...and you can choose to move the sword or king board to spaces, or any of the other ones 1 space (with the third to last space option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the rules in French.

3rd circle: move +1 on the track of your choice.

4th circle: move +2 on one of the sword tracks (joust, tourney, white knight...).

5th circle: move +2 on the "King's service" track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty confused on the wording of this tile:

Quote:
The 1st and 2nd ranked players may place a second disc on two of the bonus spaces in the middle of the board.

Are you placing only 1 disc? second denotes 1 disc, but that is confusing with the two of the bonus spaces.

I assume this disc or these discs are removed each turn and re-chosen, or are they locked until the reset at the end of turn 3?

One a separate note, are you just adding this board as board 8 of the game, or replacing the base Gallantry board with this one? How about if you use the Magic side of this expansion board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Trepanier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it, and intend to play it, is this:

When you score, the player in first gets to pick one spot to place a disk. The player in second places one, and then the third player places their disk. Now, the first player gets to choose a second spot, and then 2nd place takes the last spot. In a 3p game, only 1st and 2nd score.

The track doesn't reset, but the disks placed on the bonuses will reset.

To me, that seems about right, as first place would get you more or less the same value as the original gallantry. I like it that it gives you choice. Moving the 1st player marker is definitely neat. Gives you a distinct advantage in the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.