Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Early
United States
Wilmington
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On the new god cards, the requirement for building obelisks talks about "rounding up" and "rounding down" stones. I wasn't sure how to round these numbers, but here are my guesses. The numbers indicate the required total stones to build 1/2/3 obelisks (not that I can see anyone building 3 in a turn):

Thoth (4, rounded up): 1/5/9
Anubis/Khnum (4, rounded down): 4/8/12
Sobek (6, rounded up): 1/7/13

I based it on modulus division, with any remainder rounding up for Thoth/Sobek. How far off am I?

Also, on Abubis' card, there's an awkward phrase, "each time a card is moved to and/or from a player's hand to the discard pile." Is the "to and/or" an artifact from the previous god card's wording and can be ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your rounding looks right.

As for to and/or from, I would tend to think that sentence means "moved between a player's hand and the discard pile," I.e. discarding cards or drawing cards from the discard. But I could be wrong. There is definitely a typo in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it seems quite strong to be able to grab two stones for using that ability...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.