Subject: Question from a newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juliane
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello people,

I'm new in the trading / selling section and I want to ask something.
Should I sell the games I do not want anymore in the marketplace (only played each once) or should I offer a trade here or should I wait for next year's math trade / auction for SPIEL(Essen) 2015?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy D
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
You could leave it up in the marketplace for a value that you wouldn't mind selling the games for and if it doesn't sell by the next math trade you could throw them into the math trade. Sometimes trying to find a trade with someone is a little troublesome not so sure how it's like in Europe. But a lot of my trades have been ignored. Best trade value you will ever get is through math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a minimum price you'd be happy with, you can also put them up in a geeklist auction and let people bid on them.

If you want to trade, you could do an Ultimate Trade geeklist, where you offer up a game or games, and a person who wants that entry puts what they offer in return, and the next person who wants the second entry posts what they offer in return, making a chain until you see something that you want, stopping the chain. It's like a mini math trade with one loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flag all your items for trade as 'for trade' in your collection. Add items you would like to have in trade to your collection.

Then use the BGG Trade manager to find people who want those games in your country (or Europe) and see what they have for trade. This link will search all of Europe (copy and paste into your browser, or click on it. I've added it to my quickbar):

http://boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom?action=customsearch&co...

Then if you see trades you are interested in that you think the other person would be interested in (e.g. equal perception of value) send them a Geekmail. I probably get a response to 90%^ of trade enquiries by geekmail (maybe closer to 100%) but as low as 50% if I just bang off a trade proposal.

You have a nice cheerful profile and a good 'presence' in your activity on BGG, so it shouldn't be difficult for you to find a trade partner - start with something small though until you have a bit of +ve feedback so that people will be relaxed about trading bigger (more expensive) items with you.

Good luck! Trading is fun! Germans love trading too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a "European sellers Auction Geeklist" opening on December 1st to which you could add your items if you wanted to sell them by auction.

The last one was here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/180776/european-sellers-au... and you can see in the header where to subscribe to get notified when the next one is open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juliane
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody! I think I'll try somr of your recommendations tomorrow :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the next European Math Trade should be in January, so not long to wait. The country specific trades take place in the alternate months, so if there is a German specific trade (I'm not sure about that), then it will be December, so even less of a wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
And the next European Math Trade should be in January, so not long to wait. The country specific trades take place in the alternate months, so if there is a German specific trade (I'm not sure about that), then it will be December, so even less of a wait!

The German Math Trade seems to be about to start... maybe next weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
And the next European Math Trade should be in January, so not long to wait.

The next EuroMT will be in March. It dropped to every 4 months as from this one just gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.