Subject: Questions About Alternate Minions and Quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Bachelor
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi. First off, let me say I love all the new content. Defenders is easily one of our favorite games, and the new minions, generals and quests have only made it better (so thank you Richard Launius)!

I had a couple of rules questions.

1) Say you defeat Gorgut. As the slayer of the general are you still subject to alternate minions' abilities (so, would you still have to discard a green card to enter a location with a wolf rider)?

2) The quest Battle of the High Seas lists the immediate reward: “The minions are prevented from coming ashore. You may move to any port.”
Is there more to the reward than an immediate move to a port (the penalty for failure is quite severe)? If the minions are prevented, then how, and when?

3) Okay, this might be a dumb one, but for the Reckless Legends card, do you get to draw a card when you defeat 2 or more minions in a single roll, or can you take more than one roll to accomplish this and still get the reward?

4) Okay, one more silly question. For placing elite minions, if you’re placing a minion on each surrounding location from an overrun, if one of those locations gets a third minion this way, would you place an elite minion instead? I think the answer is yes, but I just wanted to double check. Same with a third minion in Monarch City from the Monarch City card? And if so, what of the fourth?

THanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bergstrom
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My interpretations:

1) The slayer skill overrides the elite abilities.
2-3) I do not know all new cards by heart and would need the whole text from the cards to answer.
4) Third minion (and not forth) on a(ny) location is always an elite. So yes, yes and no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Bachelor
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers! I'm starting to wonder if Battle on the High Seas is just meant to be another quest (like Remember Mccorm) with repercussions for not doing it, but if so, there's no time limit to complete the quest on the card. Something is missing.

Battle on the High Seas Reads:
Travel to Seabird Port and spend 1 Action. Call out two different numbers (1-6) and roll 4 Dice. Roll both numbers called to claim your reward.
Immediate Reward: The Minions are prevented from coming ashore. You may move to any port.
Failed: You suffer D3 Wounds and return to Seabird Port. The troops land -place 1 Minion (of any color) on Seagull Lagoon, Minotaur Forest, Wolf Pass, Monarch City, Mermaid Harbor, Fire River, Angel Tears Falls, Bounty Bay, and Seabird Port. Discard if Failed.

The Reckless Legend Card Reads:
1) When you enter a location with 2 or more minions, you must attack and may not leave on the same turn while minions remain. You may leave at the start of your next turn even if minions remain on the location.
2)Each time you defeat 2 or more minions at a location and none remain, draw 1 hero card.

Which implies that you do not have to defeat the 2 or more minions in a single roll to draw the card, which is how we've been playing it, but I just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bergstrom
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
2) I think the reward is moving to any port. A lot of the new quests isn't always that helpful and some are even negative.
The preventing from coming ashore part is probably just thematic stuff.

3) I think you are playing it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.