Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a scenario that ends with a fight, for example in Fistful of Dark Stone, once the fight end do you still gain the end of fight rewards (i.e. heal, stand up, draw loot)? The scenario I believe says "immediately" end, so I wasn't sure if we still qualified for the rewards or not...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume you do.

I don't see where the scenario says "immediately end" ?

From the rulebook, p.27:
Quote:
Completing the fight
===================
Once all of the Enemies on the board have been defeated, the Fight immediately ends and it is time for the Heroes to Catch Your Breath, Recover from being KO’d, and collect Loot for the Fight. This ends the current turn as well as the Fight itself.

And, for 'A Fistful of Dark Stone' specifically...
Rulebook, p.9 wrote:
Reward
===================
If all of the Enemies in the final room are defeated, the Heroes have completed the Mission and may collect as much of the Dark Stone as they can find. Each Hero gains 25 XP and D3 Dark Stone.

I also cannot find the "immediately" keyword anywhere in the Objective sections of the other missions. They all seem to follow the same "Success" criteria:
Quote:
Once [... and] all Enemies on the board have been defeated, the Heroes have successfully completed the Mission!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klutz is correct. You complete the mission, receiving any normal benefits from a Fight, as well as benefits for successfully completing the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Callaway
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Does this also imply that you can (at your option) continue the normal order of play so that you can scavenge the final room? Obviously, you would only choose to do such a thing if you had ample time left on your depth track, etc.

I feel as though the rewards for completing a mission are probably the equivalent of scavenging the final room, but I could also see there being the usual clutter of gold and artifacts scattered around on the floor in the "boss" room as there is in every other room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same as above, the enemies are only truly defeated as soon as the fight has ended ie been fully resolved including the draw of loot/catch your breath rolls

the only time where you wouldnt get loot from a fight is when you flee the mission during a fight, then you dont get to collect loot from any enemies you killed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emcallaway wrote:
Does this also imply that you can (at your option) continue the normal order of play so that you can scavenge the final room?

The "normal turn order" after you defeat the monsters is to loot and then end the round. No more figures activate that round once all monsters are killed. I think having additional rounds and exploring is just gaming the system. Lick your wounds and return to town!

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with finish the fight, get the loot, end the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a fight ends, the current turn ends. Catching your breath and loot come next, and then the mission ends. There is no new Turn starting in which Heroes could move and/or scavenge the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the heroes catch their breath and earn their loot (remember there's a bonus for heroes who didn't activate that turn).

I applaud Shnar's efforts to follow the rules, even when the interpretation goes against his interests as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
I applaud Shnar's efforts to follow the rules, even when the interpretation goes against his interests as a player.

Quite admiral, I agree.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not going to follow the rules, it's cheating, and if you're going to cheat in a co-op, might as well not play and just say you won. Part of the fun of a co-op is the challenge.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling it 'cheating' seems awfully strong, especially for something as mild as 'hey, we'd like to scavenge the last room before we jet'.

It may not be in the rules, but the rules also have plenty of room for variants and house rules.

By the Rules As Written, no, I suppose the group doesn't get to scavenge.

However, I probably wouldn't bat an eye if a group decided to house rule that they could.

Now, if they wanted to spend half an hour going back and scavenging every room they missed, I might start getting a bit antsy to just travel back to town and get down to selling/buying/further shenanigans/the next adventure, but that'd be a bit more extreme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But as the scavenge takes place in a new turn, would you roll to hold back the darkness even though you just killed it? If so, what if a growing dread or darkness card is triggered? Or even, and this one amuses me, if the darkness were to escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel there is no actual use to continue playing after the end of a mission, you can just as well wait for the next mission to scavenge more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.