Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "At least", "must have" and baseball bat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi.

I translatе this game in Russian, and in the translation process I had some questions:

Most Exiled Secret Objective Cards have a phrase "at least". But "Remorse", "Barter" and "Forgiveness" have a "must have". It means "exactly" (You must have exactly 4 cards in your hands), or is it just a typo and it means "at least" too?

Same question for "Leave It All Behind" - "All non-exiled players must have 1 [weapon] eqipped to survivor they control" - "exactly 1" or "at least 1"?

Baseball bat - "May kill 2 zombies instead 1" - How about exposure roll?
On the other similar cards (shotgun, lighter, thomas heart ability etc ) say "do not roll".
But if roll is need, how many times? Rules said: "Whenever a zombie is attacked it is killed. Whenever a zombie is killed ... roll for exposure on that survivor." Zombie, not zombies. Literal reading says that you need to roll for each one zombie.

Take over - "there are at least 4 barricades at single non-colony location". what does "at least" mean in this case, if the maximum number of barricades in non-colony location - 4 (for some - 3). I think that there should be a "there are 4 barricades at single..." and "at least" in this case is only confusing. But I could be wrong, I do not know English very well =\

PS If possible, I would like to hear the official answers (from Johnny, for example). Or links to them, if it is already posted somewhere (tried to search but did not find).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Igiigi wrote:
Take over - "there are at least 4 barricades at single non-colony location". what does "at least" mean in this case, if the maximum number of barricades in non-colony location - 4 (for some - 3).

For this question, remember that there may be expansions for the game.
They may very well release an expansion with a 7th non-Colony location that has 5 or more entrances.
It's good to plan ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
For this question, remember that there may be expansions for the game.

Yep, that's what I did not think.
Thank you, this question is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Igiigi wrote:

On the other similar cards (shotgun, lighter, thomas heart ability etc ) say "do not roll".
But if roll is need, how many times? Rules said: "Whenever a zombie is attacked it is killed. Whenever a zombie is killed ... roll for exposure on that survivor." Zombie, not zombies. Literal reading says that you need to roll for each one zombie.

I believe this question was raised before though I do not have a link to the answer. I believe the card reads to the effect that when you take an attack action you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1. The general rule is one exposure roll per one attack action. In this case, you would be taking one attack action even though the effect is to kill 2 zombies. So, one exposure roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RandomOne wrote:

So, one exposure roll.

There are people who believe the contrary ;-) (link 1, link 2)
But I'm still waiting for an official answer.

By the way, I had a few more questions:

Crossroads, Jenny Clark.
Place Jenny at the colony.
In all other cases cards have words "this does not count as a move". Not here. This is count as a move? Or is it a typo?

Crossroads, Gambling
Each player may place 1 item card for each survivor they control at colony.

If I have four survivors in the colony, can I put three cards? Or I have only two variant - put 4 or put 0 and do not to participate in the game?
Is it possible to add cards later? (first put a 2, then they put the other player, and then I add 2 more)

For every card player that players rolls 1 die. The player that rolled the highest die result takes all cards. Reroll ties
Maybe the one who rolled a higest die result sum?

If not, then it becomes unclear.
If I rolled 6 6 1 1 (for 4 cards), and the other player rolled 6 6 6 (for 3 cards), who takes all cards and what ties reroll in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomOne wrote:
Igiigi wrote:

I believe this question was raised before though I do not have a link to the answer. I believe the card reads to the effect that when you take an attack action you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1. The general rule is one exposure roll per one attack action. In this case, you would be taking one attack action even though the effect is to kill 2 zombies. So, one exposure roll.

The exposure roll is triggered by the kill, not the attack action (see p.11). One die lets you kill 2 zombies, but you'd still have 2 exposure rolls as the card doesn't otherwise specify to only roll once or not to roll for exposure. What the baseball bat buys you is efficiency (2 kills for 1 action die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.