Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I've already posted my questions in the corresponding subforums but I guess they're not heavily frequented. So here's hoping that someone will read it here

Quote:
Hi,

played with the Mad Bomber 2 for the first time and I have some Questions:

- Does the Mad Bomber explode when shot by a sniper? I'd say no since it doesn't get hit in any side.

- Does he explode when under a net? I'd say yes because he doesn't need to actively activate his ability, he just goes boom.

- When not playing with HP for the HQ's but with Victory Points, does the person who "bought" the Mad Bomber get points for damaging enemy HQ's? I'd say no since it's a Nobody's tile.

- Same scenario, but with Vegas: If the Mad Bomber is taken over by Vegas, that player should get points, correct?

Quote:
Hi.

Does a spy only get the bonus from an "infiltrated" module when one of the modules output sides is connected to him or does he just have to be adjacent to the module? And is the damage from an HQ in Phase 0 also prevented or does the spy only receive the bonus the HQ offers but nothing else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not very familiar with the mad bomber but I would say that he does not explode since the description I read said it had to be in a battle.

I'm not sure about the net issue since he is not a standard tile but since he appears to have the same properties as a unit I'm guessing the's meant to be treated as one in which case he would not explode if he were netted. That's just my opinion though and I don't know for sure either way.

Mad Bomber cannot damage HQs from what I read unless that's changed in 3.0 so it shouldn't be relevant in point play.

Spies only get benefits if they are actually jacked into the mod. They receive all attacks as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply

The rules for the Mad Bomber have actually changed in 3.0. You can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw8qokmbansdpfm/mb2.pdf?dl=0

Quote:
Trap - Any enemy attack in any side of Mad Bomber causes Mad Bomber to immediately explode, inflicting 1 wound to each adjacent unit, including
HQs. After exploding Mad Bomber is discarded from the board.

It doesn't mention him being in a battle, only that he needs to be attacked in any side.
I thought the net might only prevent units from using abilities that kind of have to be activated. The Mad Bombers explosion is more of an "on death" effect (at least for me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that before. It's worth noting that the mad bomber is very similar to Doomsday Machine's trap tile.

I'd agree with your ruling on sniper. No side getting attacked, no activation of ability.

I'd say that if the ability triggers after death (See Smart Bio Droid) than the unit can use it's ability. Otherwise all non-defense abilities are shut off including "on death" effects but I'm actually not sure.

As is noted the Mad bomber is no ones tile so no one would get the points.

Likewise as is noted no one can jack mods into the mad bomber so vegas cannot take him over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specifically say that it can be taken over (after the part with the modules). Or is there a different takeover ability besides Vegas that I'm not aware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Hmmmmmmm you're right, I missed that. Then I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.