Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
There are worse burdens...
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only get one of the expansions for Wiz-war.
This question is mainly directed to people who have played them both.

Which one did you like best and why?
Pros and cons with them?
Which one alters the game the most?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
I can only get one of the expansions for Wiz-war.
This question is mainly directed to people who have played them both.

Which one did you like best and why?
Pros and cons with them?
Which one alters the game the most?

I'll start by saying that I love them both. I also think it's important that if you regularly have 5 players then Malefic Curses is a clear cut winner for a choice because it adds a fifth player.

But the one I enjoy most personally is Bestial forces; because of the creatures. I just think creatures are a lot of fun. I think Bestial forces brings the biggest change to the game as well becuase of the addition of creatures.

They do both change the balance of the game though because both expansions were built with more fighting in mind. Both expansions add more damaging cards and ways of causing damage to your opponents.

In terms of pros and cons; malefic curses brings it up to 5 players, has some fun new spells and CHOAS school of magic which is just fun because it's chaos and that's basically the reason I play the game. On the downside, I can't think of any. At least one person has expressed disappointment at the price compared to what you get in the box but that's not something I agree with.

Bestial forces, adds creatures and I really enjoy the totem school. Miniatures are awesome (big plus on that if you're a painter!) Again I don't really know that there's a downside to it; unless you really are yearning for more players, would have been cool to have a 6th player but I don't know that that can be counted as a con!

Honestly the biggest deciding factor for me would be - Do you want creatures or a 5th player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.