Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Short
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was browsing coolstuffinc.com and noticed they have Caverna on sale for $64.99. That's the best price I've seen for it. Here is a link for those who are interested: Caverna at CoolStuffInc.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it. Just played it last week with 3 - so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that is an amazing deal! If you haven't gotten it, now is the time. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
one of my ALL TIME FAV'S!!! If you haven't gotten it by now you no longer have any excuses! What a wonderful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the Mayfair "price policy" just a scam or... I mean how are they able to charge this price without getting in trouble?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Short
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
So is the Mayfair "price policy" just a scam or... I mean how are they able to charge this price without getting in trouble?

Unfortunately, I don't know what the Mayfair "price policy" is, I was just sharing what I thought was an amazing deal. I'm interested though. Can you share a link with more information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paid $65 (plus tax) at my FLGS by combining a rare 20% everything sale plus a $10 rewards payment. Was pretty proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IgneusManus wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know what the Mayfair "price policy" is, I was just sharing what I thought was an amazing deal. I'm interested though. Can you share a link with more information?

Basically... Mayfair came up with a policy that prohibited stores from selling the games cheaper than 10% lower than MSRP (it started at 20% but they decided that wasn't enough).

This is a bit out of date but here's when they first announced it, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/229526/mayfair-first-publish....

It's one of the reasons Caverna is so expensive to purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That aside, thanks for sharing the link! It's quite a deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
badge
Good boy, Braetach!
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
IgneusManus wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:

Basically... Mayfair came up with a policy that prohibited stores from selling the games cheaper than 10% lower than MSRP (it started at 20% but they decided that wasn't enough).

This is a bit out of date but here's when they first announced it, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/229526/mayfair-first-publish....

It's one of the reasons Caverna is so expensive to purchase.

Actually, it has no bearing on the cost to produce Caverna or ship it over to the US. The policy only affects the prices usually available. But I guess I knew that was what you meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Austin
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair's policy prevents regularly offering a discount more than 10%. Retailers can request to offer a sale price with a deeper discount, but Mayfair reserves the right to stop selling games to that retailer if they abuse the privilege.

Being a huge retailer, I'm guessing CoolStuff specifically asked Mayfair for permission to offer a big discount for Black Friday, and of all days to offer a big discount, this is the one that makes the most sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sharpe
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This a sweet deal. My copy will be here tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Just checked. CSI is offering free shipping on Caverna at that price as well (no minimum $100 purchase)! Couldn't resist that offer... Grab it while you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shmoe
United States
LEXINGTON
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Purchased one today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartless Gamer
msg tools
mb
$61 on Amazon currently

http://www.amazon.com/MayFair-Games-MFG-3501-Caverna/dp/B00G...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.