Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone build anything out of their terrain yet? I am uninspired and I have to little time to play until after Christmas.
I would like to live vicariously through pictures of some interesting builds.

It seems like everything would be very boxy. I am intent on combining this stuff, some mdf buildings, makitainers, 40k stuff, deadzone and what ever else I can pull together. Possibly mixing in some Zpocalypse barriers and such.

Any other ideas on terrain? décor?

I may try to cut out some windows and doors just to have openings in the buildings.

Need some interiors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, having solid opaque windows in the intact terrain is my biggest gripe. But all Mantic terrain is boxy. For some ideas how to vary it, look on YouTube for a channel called "The Terrain Tutor", he's just done a big build on Mantic terrain, albeit not Mars Attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I will look up The Terrain Tutor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have most of mine clipped, trimmed, primed and based.

I'll post some pics... my first time trying an airbrush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

I find it works best when you mix the mantic buildings with other companies kits and add lots of furniture and other props strewn about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE to build some large battlefields with all my Kickstarter stuff! Of course that is difficult since like others Mantic didn't include connectors for the buildings and are not answering my many emails/replacement requests about this.

Yes, sorry, my frustration level just continues to mount. If I lived in the UK I would be banging on their office door at this point.

Dreadball miniatures missing pieces.
Deadzone, yup still missing wave one pieces.
Mars Attacks, missing pieces.

I think I am done with Mantic kickstarters for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill corlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For variety I have been busy making up a variety of street props and ruins fron the excellent cardstock files I have had for a while from Worldwerks and Fat Dragon games.

Surprising how much variety you seem to have suddenly got from a coupe of telehone boxes and barrels.

Another thing I am ooking at is breaking up the urban sprawl by adding a park area and maybe a few bushes and trees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lythaeum wrote:
It seems like everything would be very boxy.

This is what really put me off Deadzone's terrain, I know they gave a 'fluffy' reason for it, but it's still a load of cubes. Mars Attacks feels a touch more 'realistic' - with the ruins at least - but I've found some interesting combinations come about when you use pieces upside-down. For example, the tall, thin, tapering brick wall-ends can be inverted to create buildings with their bottom corners blown out and the smaller, triangular pieces can be hooked up as precarious hanging masonry remnants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Brevard County
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom blown out of the buildings. That is awesome. In my infinite lack of creativity I saw them only as remnants as the picture on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other neat thing is that line-of-sight gets trickier. A few times I have been caught out thinking I was safe, when the hole in the bottom of a wall has revealed a soldier's entire base :P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.