Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What phone are you using? I noticed a few oddities with my 4S, but I've been fine on my 6. Have you turned the predictive text feature off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd, on my 5S it seems, if anything, better. But I never had auto-correct on to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these days, I'll have to update the OS on my iPad (it's the same one that came with it), but everytime Apple releases a new one, all I hear are horror stories. I'd love to update to an OS that has been shown to be stable, but I'm not sure what that system is or how to update to an OS that isn't the latest one. I'm worried that eventually I won't be able to operate anything new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
One of these days, I'll have to update the OS on my iPad (it's the same one that came with it), but everytime Apple releases a new one, all I hear are horror stories. I'd love to update to an OS that has been shown to be stable, but I'm not sure what that system is or how to update to an OS that isn't the latest one. I'm worried that eventually I won't be able to operate anything new.

When it comes to upgrades: If you change things, you'll hear horror stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yup, turn predictive text off. I had a similar typing lag when I upgraded my iPad 3 to iOS 7. A fix I came across that seemed to work (for who knows what reason) was to disable iCloud data & documents syncing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that you have iOS 8, you might want to try an alternate keyboard, such as SwiftKey. That may or may not help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:
Now that you have iOS 8, you might want to try an alternate keyboard, such as SwiftKey. That may or may not help.

SwiftKey is neat - like it a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
wuT? i DUNNO ur tlkin abt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
My iPad refuses to go any higher than iOS 5 so these new fangled versions mean nothing to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade incrementally. If you upgrade now, it will have to be to 8.1x. Depending on how old your iPad is, upgrading might not be a possibility. I don't think that iOS 8 is supported on an iPad 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an iPad 2, do not update to iOS 8. It will definitely result in a less than optimum experience. If it's more recent, update away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.