Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 4 cost Heroic cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a four cost heroic card for my team, is there such a thing? Currently using the She Hulk, Cap' and Marvel Girl Superhero cards as my Hero's, looking for something cheaper.

Also if anyone has any ideas for getting more dice into the prep area without reverting to Prof X or Gearing Up I'd be grateful.

Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Angel and Storm - Superhero are both 3 cost. There are no 4 cost heroics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckless Melee would essentially send any 1D characters to the prep area, but an unlucky roll could also deal the damage directly to the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I have both the Angel and Storm and don't really like either. They both seem really limited in usefulness. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
BenSaidScott wrote:
Yeah I have both the Angel and Storm and don't really like either. They both seem really limited in usefulness. What do you think?

Its a meta call. Their stats and fielding cost are both solid. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. What does your full team look like?

I am running an Avengers Superhero team for fun. It features Captain America and Red Hulk. Together they can deal 23 damage at their lowest levels. I also have Wolverine Superhero to help make tough blocks. I was running Iron Man Superhero, but he wasn't that good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Angels and Storms of the world are there to provide cheap triggers, either from fielding or being in the field when you field an expensive Heroic, especially if that 2nd heroic is something like doing damage just by attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I am running the following team:

Falcon, Samuel Wilson, 2 cost.
Psylocke, Ninjitsu, 3 cost.
Vision, Density Control, 4 cost.
Magik, Illyana Rasputina, 4 cost.
Marvel Girl, Superhero, 5 cost.
Cap' America, Superhero, 5 cost.
Iron Man, Industrialist, 6 cost.
She-Hulk, Superhero, 6 cost.

Using Feedback and Relentless as the action cards.

I think that Magik and Vision are far too similar for their own good, so thinking about dropping Magik (mainly because Vision works really well against Tsarina which my friend has), for Pyro, so I can get through some more defensive opponents.

I'm also thinking about ditching Iron Man, unless I include a Take That Villains action card, which would mean probably getting rid of Relentless, which is my main source of extra rolling.

My main problems are being able to get my heroic dice out quickly and efficiently enough, it works well when playing against a prof x with his global, but struggles against lots of defenders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cap Superhero is really the key if you ask me, his +8 dmg is madness.

I went with

4 Storm: Superhero
4 Cap: Superhero
2 Wolverine: Superhero

And then a staff of support to help them out, Including Prof X.

The plan is simple, buy 2 storm to help ramp, buy 1 cap, buy 1 wolverine if cap + storm dont actually do lethal. storm + cap attacks for 13-16.

So one or two storms or sidekick dice earlier can make their first teamup lethal if your opponent is not savy to how much Cap's team does. Wolverine is to help with blockers. His ability to force your opponent to spent 2 characters to block one dice can really swing the tide in your favour, especially if you can use the global on Relentless to drop out one or two before the attack.

Wolverine + Cap also attack for 18 - 23 if I did my math right, which is just silly.

So far, I've had fun with this, but you seem to really need to keep the dice churning, get up to 8 sidekicks in prep asap and always keep them there, even if you take 1/2 dmg a turn for not being able to draw.

That way, you always draw your 4 heroes every turn, if the opponent gets smart or has distraction to keep them in the field, I would buy more Cap and more Wolverine slowly as she goes. but... usually it will just be a matter of time before you get the attackers through. That would probably be your toughest matchup though, something that keeps your Heroes in the field and doesnt allow you to re field them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah one of my friends runs a really low cost team, Falcon, Angel, Beast, Storm etc, characters whose stats are so low that they just can't know my heroes out. Which is why I'm thinking about putting Storm or the Angel in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ChioZA wrote:

I went with

The plan is simple, buy 2 storm to help ramp, buy 1 cap, buy 1 wolverine if cap + storm dont actually do lethal. storm + cap attacks for 13-16.

So one or two storms or sidekick dice earlier can make their first teamup lethal if your opponent is not savy to how much Cap's team does. Wolverine is to help with blockers. His ability to force your opponent to spent 2 characters to block one dice can really swing the tide in your favour, especially if you can use the global on Relentless to drop out one or two before the attack.

Wolverine + Cap also attack for 18 - 23 if I did my math right, which is just silly.

So far, I've had fun with this, but you seem to really need to keep the dice churning, get up to 8 sidekicks in prep asap and always keep them there, even if you take 1/2 dmg a turn for not being able to draw.

That way, you always draw your 4 heroes every turn, if the opponent gets smart or has distraction to keep them in the field, I would buy more Cap and more Wolverine slowly as she goes. but... usually it will just be a matter of time before you get the attackers through. That would probably be your toughest matchup though, something that keeps your Heroes in the field and doesnt allow you to re field them.

Can I ask what the rest of your build looked like. I was looking into doing this exact thing but can't figure out what else to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:
ChioZA wrote:

I went with

Can I ask what the rest of your build looked like. I was looking into doing this exact thing but can't figure out what else to use.

Some block removal is good here. Cards like Toad - Tongue Lashing, Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence, and Spider-Man - Hero for Hire, Black Panther - Diversion are some decent choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rest of my team was mostly support and counters in case it looks like the superhero nail wont land.

If I see distraction, I will probably not even try going with the superheroes.

Usually went with Relentless and Invulnerability for their globals. PXG is a must, Toad for some While Active character control as well as basically an alternative win condition seems like a good plan.

Usually that leads me to Hulk GG. I honestly cant remember what the rest was.. and I didnt develop it too far since I was experimenting with a PXG fueled Gambit + Hawkeye Robin hood board flood agro team to counter distraction with board flood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Paul: Those suggestions are spot on, but I have to say that in my experience this team either won by T4 or T5 or it simply lost out in the slightly longer game because the initial shock damage was stopped.

So character solutions to block removal just arent quick enough for you to close out the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.