Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've been wanting to implement the DC for Twilight cards, and was wondering if someone could actually fully clarify and state the rules for this. I've been to the other thread, and I can't decifer the designer's comments in regard to this.

To my knowledge, it's this:

Whenever you enter a ritzy location, your investigator draws a light card and you MUST dark-shift (if possible)

Whenever you enter a seedy location, another player draws one of your dark cards and you MAY light-shift (if possible)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, I'm afraid. But before putting the game through the woodchipper of Chris's revisions, I do recommend giving it another shot as written.

In particular, you'll want to make sure you're doing everything correctly in terms of conspiracy bonuses and Raymond's plots, and get a general sense of your character's vulnerabilities (by reading either the hint sheet or this (cough, shameless plug) thing I wrote, or by just browsing through your dark deck).

(Caprice is tricky. She and Raymond get faster cars because they have a lot of locations to avoid.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in my first and only playthrough the other day both of my opponents spammed dark cards on me. I like the Director's cut because it helps avoid that. Because the only way you CAN light shift is by entering a ritzy location (light shift 2 spaces) or by someone playing a dark card on you. It makes it more of a cost to dark card someone instead of a benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.