United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, some news,

a) Warfighter wave 2 pack is now available for preorder.

b) Apologies for the slight delay in my recent shipping out of Warfighter for the store orders. I came down sick for 3 days right after the restocks arrived which slowed me down. I am getting back in gear again and will be caught up today.

c) For anyone reading this news.. for anyone who orders 3 DVG boxed titles and/or expansion combo packs on my store I am tossing in a free DVG "Killshot" card game! I am applying this retroactively to all of you who have supported Warfighter through NWS to include all previous Warfighter orders (and pre-orders) and that will count as one of your 3 titles/expansion combo packs! To get your free card game just noted the offer in the comments box at checkout on your next order. Supplies are limited.

Thanks for everyones support in helping Warfighter become a great success!

Take care everyone

Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey, I'm not one to complain...but how can you do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drkrash wrote:
Hey, I'm not one to complain...but how can you do this?

Not sure I understand the question?

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Just a quick note.. it was agreed by me and Dan not to go to pre-order stage until the funding of the KS campaign achieved funding. I have also put in a very sizeable advanced order for Warfighter 2nd Wave to help support the product line.

As a matter of past experience - pre-orders normally only make up a less then a fraction of 1% of sales for any title until AFTER a "required" number unit sales is reached for a print run or KS campaign - after that the sales move forward at a somewhat better pace. A typical product run in this industry is around 5,000+ units (which can vary per title) for an independent publisher. A typical retailer, under normal market circumstances and production runs, might sell 2-5% of that number in the products lifespan.

Dan is very professional and constructive about working with all retailers and distributors as much as possible and includes that market networking as part of his successful business model and uses KS as a method to help speed up production of a product, not as an anti-retailer marketing tool. He also believes that *all* gamers should have access to every primary feature of a product line. These are factors of his business model, and professionalism, that I greatly respect as a supportive retailer and as a fellow veteran wargamer.

In the end, those of us that want to see DVG succeed are all part of a community of fellow wargamers that want to show our support either through KS, direct orders, or retail sales. All the funding, from all sources, goes towards our passion and cause as a hobby and to see more DVG titles in the future, as it should be.

If there are any questions please let me know.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks CD! I was just thinking how Christmas has shut down my game spending for a while, and was wondering if you'd be taking pre-orders in early spring. I saw the second wave on your site!!! I'm trying to keep the wallet in my pocket, but you're making it tough!

Purchased TAL and HL:CAO from NWS-Online.net in 2013! Great service! Great games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt for the support.. and keep on wargaming!

Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've got some questions.

Why am I pledging $90 on KS when I can get the exact same thing, including stretch goals, from your store at $60?

How much is your s&h charge for wave 2? I'm paying $15 for this on KS.

Your estimated shipping date is exactly the same as the KS project?

Do you accept PayPal?

It looks like I can save $30 by dropping my pledge and pre-ordering from your shop. Can anyone give me a single reason why I should stick with my KS pledge at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you email Christopher at NWS for these answers. Bottom line is you have both options. However, if the project does not fund, you won't get anything either way. That's why you might pledge via KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already funded. I just need a $30 reason not to switch from KS to a NWS pre order.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
It's already funded. I just need a $30 reason not to switch from KS to a NWS pre order.whistle

There is actually no such reason whatsoever. However, if everyone jumped ship off the KS, the product would never be made. And if everyone preorders from NWS from this point forward, we see no stretch goals whatsoever.

But if it's just about saving money for yourself (which I totally get), then pre-order with NWS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In response,

The KS campaigns help to either fast forward the launch of the projects or makes them possible to print and the campaign helps add additional funding for stretch goals and future projects, however, it should not be looked at as a "KS vs Preorder" type of arrangement. Many gamers do not prefer to use the KS venue so they prefer either direct or retailer orders. Now I could raise the price for pre-orders but then I would have to drop the price again later when competitors get into the scene at some point - which would obviously cause some dismay for those that previously pre-ordered at the higher price mark. With that part of the equation I have to use a retailer perceptional value price mark based on potential future competition. Either way, retailer pricing will take effect at some point - always does in this market, it is all just a matter of when.

Note, I have already told Dan that if I see that a "goal" was not quite there after the campaign finishes I can try and pitch in some funds to help nudge it over.

Overall however, I, and Dan, are watching closely how the scenarios for launching titles works out. If pre-order timing seems to cause too much of an issue I can switch off the pre-orders until the campaign finalizes. However, I have watched past KS campaigns, like Tiger Leader as one example, and the campaign was still a serious success even with direct and retailer pre-orders already being in effect for several months prior to the campaign. In the case of Warfighter wave 2 we both agreed to hold on pre-orders until the campaign reached the primary funding level.

Note, I always report advanced orders to DVG so Dan will know what type of funds are coming his way from my end - and I pay very quickly after delivery of product so as to make sure he can keep up with his financials regarding my orders.

Let me know if that helps to answer your questions.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That pretty much answers all my questions. Thank you, Mr. Dean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher, thanks for your transparency.

I'm glad to hear you and DVG are working very closely in regards to these pre-orders.

The price differential however, is rather significant and The War Chief brings up a very valid point. Especially at a time when pennies are pinched for holiday gifts (speaking for myself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To TWC and kfr,

No problem.. what you decide to do obviously is your choice and I fully understand both sides of the topic.

Believe me, I can understand "pinching pennies" as I am not rich either and I deal with a lot of loyal hard working customers all over the world that just want a little piece of gaming happiness in their lives for a fair price, this holds especially true for our military personnel operating overseas. The above is major part of why I operate my store like a veteran wargamer that is in the same boat as all of you and not just another retailer that might use sales tactics that I personally would never agree with.

My new motto is simple.. I won't insult your intelligence, or your wallet.

Take care friends and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
drkrash wrote:
And if everyone preorders from NWS from this point forward, we see no stretch goals whatsoever.

My fears as well. It could be coincidence, but Warfighter experienced a drop in new pledges (a trend that looks like it's carrying forward) starting the 26th, when I think preorders went live.

Granted it's also Thanksgiving weekend in the US, when families are typically spending time with each other, and not shopping on the internets whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargaming sales are typically slower when everyone is out buying big screen TVs, watching football, and getting stuffed on the turkey bird. This is not unusual. As a note, my pre-orders for Wave 2 are not that dramatic. The vast bulk of pre-orders come through within weeks of a launch - not several months away. I would also note that a reasonable number of pre-order buyers prefer not to use KS for various reasons.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is just the typical pattern seen for most KS projects.

Big rush at the beginning, big lull in the middle, big rush of pledges towards the end.

I think something that would be a big help would be to list some higher level stretch goals to increase interest during the lull. Printed dividers, new copy of the Rulebook, and a counter tray really aren't that exciting. I'm sure the project will hit all of those by the end, but Dan needs to come up with something a little more exciting to increase pledges during the mid project slump.

Another thing to consider is that we did not see a decrease in pre-existing pledges after NWS announced its pre order deal. If NWS was having a major negative impact, we would have seen a big decrease in total pledges, with many jumping ship from KS to NWS. That didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.